U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 10:04 AM

2,545 posts, read 1,633,029 times

Advertisements

Is the park well kept or showing signs of aging?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 03:03 PM

295 posts, read 220,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Is the park well kept or showing signs of aging?
Went earlier this year and it's very well kept. Still huge crowds though. You better find a spot atleast 30min-1hr before Micky's lightshow and parade starts or you're not getting a spot.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:49 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,450,787 times
If I remember right the Disney parks are consistently at the top of the list in terms of yearly attendance. We've been to WDW a few times and we're going back for 8 days in September. Yeah it's not cheap, but they take better care of the parks than anyone else and are constantly adding new lands. They're spending/have spent what, a couple billion between Pandora, Toy Story, the Star Wars lands, plus the recent expansions at Magic Kingdom, the upcoming expansions and resorts for Epcot plus redoing the Pier at Cali Adventure?

Old 05-19-2018, 08:00 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,674,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
If I remember right the Disney parks are consistently at the top of the list in terms of yearly attendance. We've been to WDW a few times and we're going back for 8 days in September. Yeah it's not cheap, but they take better care of the parks than anyone else and are constantly adding new lands. They're spending/have spent what, a couple billion between Pandora, Toy Story, the Star Wars lands, plus the recent expansions at Magic Kingdom, the upcoming expansions and resorts for Epcot plus redoing the Pier at Cali Adventure?

Imagine how crowded the parks would be if it was cheap.

I don't have a problem with $135/head. We spend that, what, every 5 years maybe? I'd pay more if there were fewer people.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:36 AM

2,474 posts, read 903,208 times
I went there in '89 in the month of November and took our daughter out of school. The park was considerably less crowded (but still busy enough), and the weather was very comfortable. I think entry for adults was around $35, can't remember children's admission. Seemed expensive to us then but it was do-able. We booked a cheap motel nearby.

I think the rates are into the stratosphere, myself, and not worth it. Chances are that none of the nearby motels are "cheap" anymore, and there's more people everywhere, Period.

Since Disneyland is so draining to the pocketbook, I do recommend taking your children when they are old enough to appreciate it and remember it, because at those rates chances are you won't want to go again. Many parents get hasty and take toddlers to this event. One thing I remember well about our visit there was all the crying babies and stressed out mothers.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:53 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,036,884 times
Haven’t been since 2009. Disneyland Anaheim is the classic amusement park. Went there every summer with my grandparents or parents since I was 5 years old or so. Great memories of a time past. Back then, there were “ticket books”.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:16 AM

26,513 posts, read 62,912,197 times
We used to live close enough to watch their fireworks at night, so we went enough it became commonplace, and then annoying, and eventually horrid. I would prefer to have my foot repeatedly smashed with a hammer to going back there, especially during summer and/or on weekends.

I have been told Disneyworld, is considerably different and should be on my list to places to go someday.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:25 AM

4,409 posts, read 1,637,523 times
I was in L.A., a month ago, not exactly for Disney but just checked the prices. It was about $335 per person. So for a family of five, it was $1,675.00

No Disney, you are not THAT good!

Highly over rated for such a small and beaten up theme park.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:13 AM

71,920 posts, read 83,566,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prost View Post
Disney World is obviously different and a vacation destination (I would argue Disneyland is more for locals), but weekends/peak times are still packed with the variable pricing, especially Magic Kingdom (I'm a FL resident with season passes, and only go on weekends, unfortunately).
Have been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld, them are similar and no, Disneyland isn't mostly locals. es, they have a lot of locals, but with Knotts' Berry farm being so close, the beautiful beaches only a few minutes away and the Angels baseball team almost next door, it is a very popular vacation spot for families living west of the Rockies. Cost wise, both have almost gotten out of hand.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:16 AM

71,920 posts, read 83,566,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
They recently honored the remaining days on our 38 yr old pass.

We will save the final day for our 60th anniversary !
When is number 60? Ours is just about 3 months away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or