U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 12:08 PM

11,043 posts, read 4,001,104 times

Advertisements

Did you ever decide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 06:53 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,641 posts, read 40,010,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrigitte View Post
I have the same problem... Just my kid is a baby still, and I have a problem how to take him on the plane since we are traveling to Sydney... Any suggestions about the airlines' company?
Air NZ with a free stopover in Cook Islands!!!

Our kids traveled internationally since birth. Most flights were OK. The 747-100's (upperdeck) were GREAT 5 rows of seats, + (crew qtrs / room to play) No more 747-100's carrying 'people' cargo.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:06 PM

Why is it so hard to plan a family vacation?

1) it is not hard
2) You are the boss! (I hope)

Plan a bit of give and take on all ends.
Give YOURSELF a break (do not be 'demand-sensitive' to the 'needy whiners' in your family.

Enjoy the journey, nothing is perfect. (not in this life).

As a family we traveled 30+% of the yr (homeschoolers living / working overseas). Nothing was perfect, but a LOT was excellent / adventure / learning's.

Mostly good memories... very few disasters.
No one was happy ALL the time

Old 03-25-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrigitte View Post
Awesome! Thanks!
We will take some kind of transportation from the airport. I hate when taxi drivers take advantage of the fact you are new to the city. Thinking about a company that offers Sydney airport transfers, but we want to be safe when it comes to picking out our transportation, especially with the baby. Did you hear about them?
That should be a legit company. Not much to worry about in Sydney, we used the train from airport (extra fare for airport station ) Do they have Uber or Grab?

Looks like you need to use GoCatch in NSW
GoCatch app

Train / ferry is very nice (especially on Sunday (reduced fare)) that is when we would take the 'Long haul' out of region.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:01 AM

2 posts, read 552 times
I think that according to this google now, is when it is easier to organize a trip, it gives you very accurate suggestions about everything, I got a cheap flight from Warsaw (Poland) to Madrid, from there as I had booked in benidorm suggested a very economical flight from Madrid-Alicante and a good transfer company from the airport to our hotel, and then a lot of activities and sites to visit several kilometers away but easily accessible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or