U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2018, 05:48 PM

369 posts, read 434,357 times

Advertisements

I am interested in the Tokyo Olympics.

I contacted CoSport and to go to the opening ceremony, basketball and soccer it would cost more than $10,000 not including airfare.

Is that very expensive? Anyone have any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 07:22 PM

7,680 posts, read 16,101,231 times
The opening ceremony and other big name events are going to be expensive. If you just want to be part of the bigger Olympic experience, start developing an interest in endurance sports (running, marathon, triathlon, and road cycling courses are long enough to find a free sport to watch), plan on seeing preliminary rounds or pool play, or schedule yourself for slightly less popular sports. Team handball can actually be fun to watch if you don't expect it to be basketball.

And all the recent Olympic Games have had problems selling out. Chances are that prices for lodging and such will fall a month or two before things start up.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:10 PM

369 posts, read 434,357 times
I think Tokyo might be different as it is the Summer Games which are easier to watch. Its very hard to watch skiing if it is not on TV. The only sport it would be interesting to watch in Winter Games is short track, speed skating and hockey.

I think 2016 is a hard comparison as who wants to go to Rio and it seemed dangerous. I am not sure how 2012 in London sold, probably well. Paris will be expensive and LA as those are places that people want to go to.

I am trying to see if people are taking reservations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or