U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 06:23 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,437,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Newfoundland was my best vacation ever. You will love it there!

As others have mentioned, I don't understand summer vacations. You get so much more enjoyment and bang for your buck by traveling between Labor Day and June 1st.
Some of us work in professions or industries in which there are certain months that are crucial or mandatory for us to be at work, no vacation time or leave available unless it's work travel. I'm free to do some recreational travel from May 1- June 1st, which is when most of my travel will take place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 06:24 PM

Default Japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Tokyo, again. April 27 - May 6.
I know several people who wish they were you.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:29 PM

Default I had that planned for Christmas 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJollaEast View Post
We don't have any plans yet, but tend not to travel far during the busy summer holidays. We live a mile from the beach in San Diego so we spend a lot of our time there in the summer. We will probably do a trip up to the central coast of California for a long weekend, but otherwise we enjoy our summers at home and traveling during off season.
I had a coastal California train travel trip planned this past Christmas from San Francisco to LA. Due to the wildfires, Amtrak re-routed the coastal routes and took me through places like Bakersfield instead of Santa Cruz. They should have reimbursed passengers for the massive disappointment.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:31 PM

Default cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
June Las Vegas (maybe)
July- Charlotte area, Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach
August-Galveston and Cozumel, Mexico
Ahh, sounds like the cruise to Cozumel out of Galveston. I researched some cruises a few months ago because I've never been on one and would like to do so at some point this year.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:48 PM

1,907 posts, read 958,286 times
After very strenuous trips to Central America and India in the last few months, I'm just going to go to the mountains for four months and kick back. Some hiking, some swimming, some shopping, and a lot of beer.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:31 AM

13,820 posts, read 18,775,199 times
the most I will do this year will be a few road trips because gas keeps going up an up and I don't like being too far from home in case something happens .

Old 03-28-2018, 07:33 AM

13,820 posts, read 18,775,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
June Las Vegas (maybe)
July- Charlotte area, Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach
August-Galveston and Cozumel, Mexico

you do realize that is the busiest time of year for charlotte and Charleston and myrtle beach right ? we went in October and it was deserted and it was great and the beaches were empty for the most part too just thought you might like to know in case you wanted to see it with very little people crowding everything . But have a great time anyways .

Old 03-28-2018, 09:26 AM

3,196 posts, read 1,812,823 times
Cedar Point Amusement Park, Sandusky, Ohio.

About 15 - 25 day-trips.

I live 30 miles away and have a season pass...

Old 03-28-2018, 09:34 AM

3,196 posts, read 1,812,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
you do realize that is the busiest time of year for charlotte and Charleston and myrtle beach right ? we went in October and it was deserted and it was great and the beaches were empty for the most part too just thought you might like to know in case you wanted to see it with very little people crowding everything . But have a great time anyways .
There is a reason it's busy at Myrtle Beach in July and dead in October.

July high/low temp is 88/74

October temp is 75/57

Nobody wants to go to the beach or go swimming in October weather, except maybe Canadians.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:31 AM

13,874 posts, read 7,386,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
There is a reason it's busy at Myrtle Beach in July and dead in October.

July high/low temp is 88/74

October temp is 75/57

Nobody wants to go to the beach or go swimming in October weather, except maybe Canadians.
It's busy in July because inland where the people live, it's summer school vacation and it's 95F and 95% humidity.

October water temperature at Myrtle Beach is still mid-70's. That's 10 degrees warmer than August in Maine where the French Canadians spend all day swimming in Speedos. LA, where you have the Beach Boys and the most recognized beach/surfing scene in the country, the water temperature rarely gets out of the 60's.

I didn't realize 75F was winter parka and a wool hat & gloves weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel