U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:07 PM

15,109 posts, read 19,078,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Hey there. Well the thing is i can't decide on which date usually such as this day or that day and if early or later flight etc. But im curious if anyone here does this.
Hey there.

No, I'm pretty sure that everyone here can make a decision about what day and time they want or need to fly.

PS Almost always, you're better off booking directly with the airline. Miss a connection or have a flight delay? The folks who booked with a third party site (Like orbitz) are gonna be SOL when they need assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 09:24 PM

7,334 posts, read 4,186,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Not saying it wasn't or isn't.. Whatever.. But it was confusing to people. I read several stories about it over on elliott.org where someone thought they had the 24 hours, but wound up with a non-refundable ticket.
It was confusing to idiots. (Which, admittedly, make up a sizable percentage of the traveling public, and the majority of the people I see writing to elliot.org about their travel woes.). Obviously the purpose of allowing someone to put a ticket on hold is to allow the person time to decide if they really want to make the purchase before they hit the ďbuyĒ button.

Iím glad AA has still kept the hold option, even if the DOT rules now force them to also allow refunds within 24 hours of booking. If I spot a good fare, I donít need to make a rush purchase I may come to regret; I can just put the ticket on hold and then make sure the rest of the arrangements will work out before I go back to book it. If they donít, I donít need to take any further action, as the hold will expire automatically.

Quote:
Hey there. Well the thing is i can't decide on which date usually such as this day or that day and if early or later flight etc. But im curious if anyone here does this.
No one sensible does that. Decide the basic outline of your trip first, THEN start shopping for your tickets.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:07 PM

2,558 posts, read 1,652,340 times
Quote:
Too much time and work for little change.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:58 AM

9,863 posts, read 5,056,376 times
Quote:
Well there's your problem. Not the cancellation policies.

Be an adult ... make a decision and plan ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or