Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
God this is such BS, you obviously have some chip on your shoulder the size of Neptune.
Whale... I didn't want to bring up the SIZE thing, ... but now that you mention it I donated 10-20% of my seats today to the Behemoths who plopped down next door. (you can imagine the 'overhang!')

I wish we could screen by 18" seat width like they have for carry on luggage..

Can't pass horizontally through the 'squeeze chute' ... REJECTED from flying... back to the gym. or.. acceptable options (for all involved)! King Sized thrones, special areas, all of certain size adjacent to each other rather than smashing the dinky people. ... something is bound to work best for all Personally, I would prefer 'tubes' like some of the 'overnight busses' .

Oh, yeah, at my my USA connection today there were 2 people yelling at their cell phones, disrupting the entire boarding area.

Not to fear ... tomorrow I will be in Asia and we will certainly have at least 4 or more separate cell conversations going on while in the (small) taxi. (as usual). No 'Upsizing', and no 'Me First'. (no Me ONLY)...

YEMV.

Just the usual 'annoyance', not a show stopper.

Traveling with those with illnesses is a big irritant. As a single person can infect thousands / day, wiping out millions $$ in travel plans / enjoyment. (and a few lives of the 'more susceptible' ) it's too bad. (and getting worse... ME FIRST!)

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 04-09-2018 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 08:53 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
I can't, too, and wearing 35" long jeans I do have problems in economy. Flew business just a few times. But it's my problem, not a travel atrocity, right?
I'm not a little guy but I deal with he discomfort because I care more about the destination. And yes, not a travel atrocity.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:11 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Good posts, above!

Some of the things that annoy me when traveling:

-smelly passengers (this was a big problem when I was flying to India when more than a few people smelled of foul, unwashed underarms and curry . . . I wish I was kidding!)
Of course you are kidding.

I mean what else were you expecting? 18 years young virgin blonde girls to provide you with sensual massage during the entire trip?

You are travelling to the land of curry, with the world's biggest population NOT having access to a toilet with running water, air pollution and dust in the air to point that daily showers are useless, hot, humid and super densily populated by a huge majority that's vegetarian (beans and lentils) and hence produces a lot of foul odor gas.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:27 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Getting in and out of airports is a hassle for me. Specially when the security lines are 2 miles long on an ultra busy airport.

Arrived at LaGuarda 2 hours before catching a domestic flight.
Security line was all the way outside the airport's building to the street. There were only TWO agents placed to verify the ID and boarding pass to handle 1000 people.

Could not convince any airport official to let me move ahead of the line as I had 5:00 AM or whatever the first flight of the day was. Obviously missed the flight.

Airlines charged me an extra $200 to put me into another flight at 11:00 am that had a connecting flight thus I now had to fly 7 hours instead of 3.

Got into the plane at 11 and waited at least 1 hour INSIDE the plane as it waited for its turn to get on the runway. I think there were 17 planes before us waiting for their turn get on the runway to take off.

Miss the good ol' days when there were no security lines and perhaps a lot less and perhaps more discilpimed and courageous people used to travel by air.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:57 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Of course you are kidding.

I mean what else were you expecting? 18 years young virgin blonde girls to provide you with sensual massage during the entire trip?

You are travelling to the land of curry, with the world's biggest population NOT having access to a toilet with running water, air pollution and dust in the air to point that daily showers are useless, hot, humid and super densily populated by a huge majority that's vegetarian (beans and lentils) and hence produces a lot of foul odor gas.
What a loony response. This was on the plane from Newark, not on the ground in India.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:01 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
You are travelling to the land of curry, with the world's biggest population NOT having access to a toilet with running water
I'm guessing most people on an international flight have daily access to toilets with running water.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:05 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I'm not a little guy but I deal with he discomfort because I care more about the destination. And yes, not a travel atrocity.
Some care more about trying to distinguish themselves as better more enlightened travelers than their compatriots by constantly trading in tired cliches and exaggerating tales of boorish behavior.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:01 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
agreed!!! Travel stress is bad enough without a**holes making it worse!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Cranky travelers.

That may sound like a flippant response, but very honestly, the vast majority of my travel annoyances come from how uptight and b**chy other people can be. I don't love the cramped seats, but I'm used to them. I don't care for the food, but I can plan ahead and figure out something that I would prefer. Weather and maintenance delays are frustrating, but I'm grateful for arriving at my destination safely.

But when I hear a passenger berating a TSA agent or gate agent for simply doing their job, I have an overwhelming urge to throat punch them.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:03 AM

What an awful set up! They should not have charged you!!! And those runway delays are torture!!!!

Quote:
Getting in and out of airports is a hassle for me. Specially when the security lines are 2 miles long on an ultra busy airport.

Arrived at LaGuarda 2 hours before catching a domestic flight.
Security line was all the way outside the airport's building to the street. There were only TWO agents placed to verify the ID and boarding pass to handle 1000 people.

Could not convince any airport official to let me move ahead of the line as I had 5:00 AM or whatever the first flight of the day was. Obviously missed the flight.

Airlines charged me an extra $200 to put me into another flight at 11:00 am that had a connecting flight thus I now had to fly 7 hours instead of 3.

Got into the plane at 11 and waited at least 1 hour INSIDE the plane as it waited for its turn to get on the runway. I think there were 17 planes before us waiting for their turn get on the runway to take off.

Miss the good ol' days when there were no security lines and perhaps a lot less and perhaps more discilpimed and courageous people used to travel by air.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:06 AM

Gross!!!! I made the mistake of just socked feet in a lav! Never again! I'm wearing slippers from now on!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
People walking barefoot into the aircraft lavs and then putting those same bare feet on the tray table. Yeah, it's actually a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel