Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 08:45 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Some hubbies just don't have any sympathy, but all H*LL breaks loose when they are sick. They are like spoiled little boys lol.
Lol, spoiled, whiner little boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 01:12 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Jamaica. I had blender guts for most of the week. My husband and I went to the hotel desk to ask about seeing a doctor, and the woman gave us a small paper cup full of what looked like Lomotil. She told us to take six at a time. One usually works well enough. She was right.

Old 09-05-2023, 01:54 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
Bronchitis while on a 6 week road trip around the country. Camped on the beach at the Sequa National Park CA in the fall when I caught it.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:02 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Food Poisoning in Budapest that lasted off and on for a week.. I'm sure it was from Bad Shrimp at one of those Walk to Wok type places. When it first came on, I was boarding a nighttime Danube River Cruise.. that was a bad hour.

I did learn a very valuable lesson when I got home.. If you think you might have to throw up, don't fart

Old 09-05-2023, 09:06 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
Covid...last year on cruise. Weirdest sickness I've ever had(and yes, I've had the shots).

Old 09-06-2023, 05:21 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times
NCL Getaway April 2022.....Food Poisoning from Ocean Blue specialty restaurant. Took me out of commission for around 14 hours, everything coming out of everywhere, I will never forget, never been that sick in all my years.

Old 09-06-2023, 05:42 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Very sick in China this year sick there and for 6 weeks upon return respiratory
Urban China causes respiratory issues for me after 2 weeks, one month stay... I'm ill. Better off than a coworker from Singapore that I met up with in China. He got very sick (unknown cause). Finally transported back to Singapore, where he died after 3 months of acute care. Never knew the cause.

Had another coworker mysterious die in Malaysia, another in Singapore. Thailand deaths of coworkers were no mystery.... Auto and scooter accidents.
Same in Spain. We drove a lot daily, and roads were not so safe.

Food poisoning was common where we worked in Malaysia and Thailand. I avoided the fresh / bagged food at food markets. Fully cooked in my presence was the only acceptable choice for me. Otherwise, I went without, or bought factory sealed foods in a pinch.

I did get a bit queazy, when my co-worker in China yelled STOP eating, the noodles are moving. Ick, that was bad.

Old 09-06-2023, 08:47 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
When I was in Egypt last month. I had heard about how easy it is to get sick from the food and water, so I was extra careful. I only drank bottled water and ate the food at our nice hotel. Our last day there, my husband and I went walking around in downtown Cairo and ate some street food.. they were these beef pastry things that were very good and seemed good quality. Later on that evening, I had the worst stomach ache of my life.. it just wasn't normal.. they were the sharp pain that continued all night long.

Old 09-06-2023, 10:07 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Flew into Florida for a four-day winter vacay with my mom and 5-year-old son.
Rented a car and I had to drive because my mother wasn't well (kidney disease) OMG, the traffic! Way worse than Toronto.

My holiday started off as a sore throat.
Went to a medical center and was given antibiotics for strep throat.
The antibiotics gave me diarrhea.
Got my period 6 days early with horrific cramps.
My 5-year-old son acted up and played my mother against me for discipline. Lots of arguments. Ugh.
Dizzy and nauseous the whole four days.

On the last lap home, the one-hour plane ride from Detroit was diverted to another city with engine? trouble. It didn't surprise me since it looked like a plane from the 1960's and it buzzed loudly and vibrated the whole time we were in the air. (my mom, who was afraid to fly as it was, was terrified)

The airline arranged an alternative: Gee thanks!!! We ended up shoulder to shoulder in a cramped 9 passenger van with about 10 or 11 other people for 4 hours.

I was never so happy to get into my house and drop our suitcases on the floor.

Old 09-06-2023, 04:29 PM

23,252 posts, read 18,764,714 times
I spent a glorious month touring rainforest reserves and rural villages in Madagascar getting exposed to who knows what strange beasts (lemurs, various indigenous reptiles and insects crawling all over me), strange food, and strange who-knows what microorganisms the entire trip. Only had brief disagreements with an octopus entree my tastebuds loved but my GI tract didn't. Other than that, no real trouble.

On the way home I stopped off to visit relatives for Thanksgiving dinner, so technically I was still in travel status. Whether the load of novel pathogens from Madagascar set me up for trouble or the turkey fixings were the culprit I'll never know. It all came out during the 3 hour flight back to CO. Oh gawd...arguing with the flight attendant about one final bolt to the restroom during that interminable bumpy final approach to DIA! It was all I could do not to lie down, curl into a ball and die smack in the middle of the jetway.

Last edited by Parnassia; 09-06-2023 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel