U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 11:06 AM

2,413 posts, read 388,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
He probably meant the UK, not just England. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I hope this thread doesn't get closed, I'm enjoying your naivete.
I hope that it doesn't get closed too.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Looks like the Algeria - Niger border is usually closed these days due to terrorism concerns and a multitude of refugees.

The information may say a hotel had air conditioning, but that doesn't mean it works.

Much of the produce in Africa will make you ill, especially lettuce and other leafy items that can't be properly disinfected. If you persist with this foolish endeavor, you may have to become non-vegan to 9 get enough to eat.

If you have disabilities, you definitely should not attempt the proposed trip unless you are willing to die. There are a myriad of people who will take advantage of you, and don't care whether you live or die.
Disabilities as in mental disabilities, not physical. There is no way anyone can tell I have disabilities unless I tell them. And the Algeria/Niger border isn't closed. And you do wash your vegetables, right? That's what you are meant to do. There's no way I'm becoming non-vegan.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:11 AM

1,104 posts, read 583,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1234 View Post
Disabilities as in mental disabilities, not physical.
It's apparent by reading this thread.

OP, if you aren't just kidding around with us, please get help!

Old 02-20-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Have you actually called & verified that you can take it into Africa. Geographical restrictions are real.
There was a website I went to that said to list all of the countries you're going to be driving in and then they can accept or reject.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
It's apparent by reading this thread.
Highly unlikely that any of the African Tribes are reading this thread. And I do get help, a doctor comes out once a month to give me my injections.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:30 AM

10,669 posts, read 21,340,667 times
Quote:
Disabilities as in mental disabilities, not physical. There is no way anyone can tell I have disabilities unless I tell them. And the Algeria/Niger border isn't closed. And you do wash your vegetables, right? That's what you are meant to do. There's no way I'm becoming non-vegan.
You're collecting disability for a mental illness that you can't work for and a Dr gives you an injection once a month but you think you're physically able to drive that long and far?

Old 02-20-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You're collecting disability for a mental illness that you can't work for and a Dr gives you an injection once a month but you think you're physically able to drive that long and far?
I could work, but I don't want to. And note that I will have to go over 2 months without an injection due to me going on the trip and then going to live in France afterwards.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:22 PM

39,355 posts, read 2,970,878 times
Quote:
I could work, but I don't want to. And note that I will have to go over 2 months without an injection due to me going on the trip and then going to live in France afterwards.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it does. Have you discussed with your Dr, the effects of not getting the injections?

Also, washing produce in bad water won't make it good to eat.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it does. Have you discussed with your Dr, the effects of not getting the injections?

Also, washing produce in bad water won't make it good to eat.
Just get bottled water. There is a risk of me having a Psychotic episode if I don't have the injections. But I'm going to live in France in the winter anyway so I won't get the injections, and hopefully the weather will help.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:15 PM

5,654 posts, read 3,640,251 times
Quote:
I could work, but I don't want to.
So you'd rather sponge off the British taxpayers instead? Nice.

Quote:
And note that I will have to go over 2 months without an injection due to me going on the trip and then going to live in France afterwards.
Living in France cures psychosis? Who knew!

I've seen enough of this thread to know that the OP isn't inclined to listen to anyone who has experience with Africa or long travels. But I'll go ahead and offer this piece of advice anyway: OP, before you go to Africa, take a 19-day car trip around Europe. You'll find all the air conditioned hotels and edible food and well-paved highways you need, but you'd also find out what it feels like to drive for 12 hours a day, day after day, for a long stretch of time. I did it once, for 9 days straight, and though I had a lot of fun, I was exhausted at the end of it.

What you are proposing to do isn't just a 15-minute hop to Stratford-upon-Avon. You are talking about a driving marathon, never mind the conditions you're likely to encounter. Try it first where it's generally safe, and find out for yourself if you possess the physical stamina to do it. Believe me, it's nowhere near as easy as you seem to think it is. If you're able to do it, then we can talk about driving to Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or