U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 01:25 PM

3,509 posts, read 5,178,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1234 View Post
Just get bottled water. There is a risk of me having a Psychotic episode if I don't have the injections. But I'm going to live in France in the winter anyway so I won't get the injections, and hopefully the weather will help.
Are there no doctors/nurses/pharmacists in France who can give you an injection?

Old 02-20-2019, 01:26 PM

5,677 posts, read 3,653,594 times
The OP reminds me of the first guy in this point/counterpoint article:

https://www.theonion.com/nigeria-may...n-c-1819594269

Old 02-20-2019, 01:37 PM

2,413 posts, read 391,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
So you'd rather sponge off the British taxpayers instead? Nice.

Living in France cures psychosis? Who knew!

I've seen enough of this thread to know that the OP isn't inclined to listen to anyone who has experience with Africa or long travels. But I'll go ahead and offer this piece of advice anyway: OP, before you go to Africa, take a 19-day car trip around Europe. You'll find all the air conditioned hotels and edible food and well-paved highways you need, but you'd also find out what it feels like to drive for 12 hours a day, day after day, for a long stretch of time. I did it once, for 9 days straight, and though I had a lot of fun, I was exhausted at the end of it.

What you are proposing to do isn't just a 15-minute hop to Stratford-upon-Avon. You are talking about a driving marathon, never mind the conditions you're likely to encounter. Try it first where it's generally safe, and find out for yourself if you possess the physical stamina to do it. Believe me, it's nowhere near as easy as you seem to think it is. If you're able to do it, then we can talk about driving to Africa.
Mock disabilities why don't you? I'd get PIP even if I worked, thank you.

The place where I'm going in France gets a lot of sun all year and the weather was one factor in giving me psychosis last winter.

I'm planning on driving to Finland at the end of June and that requires 4 days of driving there. I will be driving for about 8 hours a day. I want to see the midnight sun.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Are there no doctors/nurses/pharmacists in France who can give you an injection?
Well the injection is on the NHS here in the UK. So I doubt I can get it in France.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The OP reminds me of the first guy in this point/counterpoint article:

https://www.theonion.com/nigeria-may...n-c-1819594269
I like it, the onion. When I was younger I used to hate the word 'opinion' and used to use onion instead. My dad still jokes about it to this day!

Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Well the injection is on the NHS here in the UK. So I doubt I can get it in France.
You mean you can't get it for free in France, right? I'm sure it is available, you just have to pay for it. What a concept!

Old 02-20-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
You mean you can't get it for free in France, right? I'm sure it is available, you just have to pay for it. What a concept!
I'm going to a small French village and I can't speak French!

Old 02-20-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I'm going to a small French village and I can't speak French!
So this is the wall you just can't get over? All the other perils and obstacles of the Africa trip everyone cautioned you about you just blew off. Yet this one is the easiest thing to resolve. Find someone who speaks French, have them write down the details of your medication and take it with you to France.

If this one stumps you, try to imagine convincing a bad guy in Africa not to kill you and/or steal everything you own. Or even a simpler thing like negotiating with a mechanic who only sees you as a cash machine. You are so in over your head, it's appalling. And frightening.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
So this is the wall you just can't get over? All the other perils and obstacles of the Africa trip everyone cautioned you about you just blew off. Yet this one is the easiest thing to resolve. Find someone who speaks French, have them write down the details of your medication and take it with you to France.

If this one stumps you, try to imagine convincing a bad guy in Africa not to kill you and/or steal everything you own. Or even a simpler thing like negotiating with a mechanic who only sees you as a cash machine. You are so in over your head, it's appalling. And frightening.
My Great Aunt and Uncle speak French, but they are often either in France or The Gambia. Or I could use Google translate.

What defines a bad guy? A black Muslim? That's racist.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
My Great Aunt and Uncle speak French, but they are often either in France or The Gambia. Or I could use Google translate.

What defines a bad guy? A black Muslim? That's racist.

No, YOU defined it. I deliberately used the term "bad guy" as it is completely neutral. Unless I should have said "bad person" in case it's a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or