U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 12:20 PM

5,478 posts, read 8,156,743 times

Advertisements

Do you go w/ the same person/people if you can OR try to go w/ someone different each time, etc.?

For me, it's either fiance' mainly or it's been w/ my mom & an aunt. (Someday for the very 1st time, maybe it will be a cousin.) I can't imagine who else I'd ever travel w/.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 12:29 PM

12,299 posts, read 18,417,176 times
Did you know that over 40% of travel is actually for business? In addition to that, 10% is under a category called "personal business". You didn't say what type of travel, so....

Leasure travel - spouse
Business travel - myself alone, sometimes I meet up with collegues in whatever country I need to go to. A few times I combined with leasure.
Family related travel (taking care of family issues in another state, personal business, etc.) - spouse or alone

Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 PM

12,602 posts, read 15,066,993 times
My wife, for vacation. For business, usually alone or with a colleagues.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:37 AM

5,957 posts, read 2,897,780 times
My wife. She's pretty cool.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,200,569 times
I'm single. I travel solo.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:10 AM

2,474 posts, read 905,905 times
I travel either alone or with my husband. I do not travel with friends.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:23 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,200,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
I travel either alone or with my husband. I do not travel with friends.
I recently did my first long haul trip with a very close friend.

We formed some amazing memories and it was great to have a partner with me. However, it was also VERY eye opening.

We simply got on each other's nerves...several times. I guess I am spoiled with solo travel to an extent, which does not require a lot of the things I had to do when traveling with another person. As examples, some of those things included planning for two instead of one, being used to adjusting the room temperature to your liking (I sweated many nights due to my friend needing a higher temperature), compromising on things to do (for instance, at her request, one day we practically just stayed at the beach directly outside of our hotel the entire day, whereas for me I regret doing that as it was a day we could have used to see at least just one last thing on the island we were visiting).

Old 02-20-2019, 11:34 AM

2,474 posts, read 905,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I recently did my first long haul trip with a very close friend.

We formed some amazing memories and it was great to have a partner with me. However, it was also VERY eye opening.

We simply got on each other's nerves...several times. I guess I am spoiled with solo travel to an extent, which does not require a lot of the things I had to do when traveling with another person. As examples, some of those things included planning for two instead of one, being used to adjusting the room temperature to your liking (I sweated many nights due to my friend needing a higher temperature), compromising on things to do (for instance, at her request, one day we practically just stayed at the beach directly outside of our hotel the entire day, whereas for me I regret doing that as it was a day we could have used to see at least just one last thing on the island we were visiting).
I relate. I spoiled myself with solo travels because things always went my way.

I spent almost two weeks in NYC once and a friend of mine expressed interest in coming along, but I didn't and ended up glad for it. Aside from some differences that I think we would have had, I had some 'issues' on that trip and was glad that I didn't have to inconvenience someone else.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:38 AM

21,328 posts, read 21,900,953 times
My traveling companion is nine years old, he is the child of my first marriage.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:54 AM

12,299 posts, read 18,417,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
My traveling companion is nine years old, he is the child of my first marriage.
And my traveling companions
Are ghosts and empty sockets
But I've reason to believe
We will all be received
In Graceland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel