U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 10:48 AM

645 posts, read 241,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I also did some rough math while the agent was trying her best to get my signature and sell me the crap.

The price was $125,000 or something for one owner.
And there were 52 owners of the same condo.

So the company was actually pocketing $6.5 million in sale price for just ONE apartment.
LOL so let's say you use it for the next 40 years:
$3125 per year
$446 per night! - none of this even includes maintenance fees or interest on that $125k!

What a freaking joke.

Last edited by BrianGC; 03-06-2019 at 11:12 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 11:16 AM

3,296 posts, read 1,563,537 times
Just say no. The aggravation is not worth it.

I was nearly threatened and kidnapped because I said hell no!

My spouse has free hotel rooms for life, just not the all inclusive kind. To pay so much for one week,then food and flight,it makes no sense.
Those presentations for a free item are so lame, I would turn down a free room if offered.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:35 PM

26,524 posts, read 62,960,474 times
We have done it. The prizes are better than the free nights. If you stay in the hotel, they use the opportunity to keep at you to buy in. Their salespeople are very persuasive and relentless. Also there are typically a lot of restrictions on the free hotel use.

Timeshare is a terrible deal and really stupid, but you cannot help but thinking, "I do not know why this is such a terrible deal, it sounds really good" during their sales pressure. They have the advantage of years of practice, a team of psychologists and lots of lies and half truths to allow them to be very convincing and persuasive. Just remember, there is an entire industry centered around getting people out of time shares. No you do not sell them like the salespeople claim, you pay someone to help you get out of the timeshare while minimizing the cost of doing so.

If you decide you really want a time share, buy a used one for a tiny fraction of the price. Better yet, get someone to pay you to take theirs over.

An when they tel you this is not a timeshare, it is a "part time vacation ownership" or something similar - do not laugh out loud at their perfidy, that is rude. Just be aware, they are all basically the same thing with a different hat no matter how they are packaged. The only worse investments I can think of are a boat or a horse.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:46 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,590,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I've done about 4 of them. All were free accomodations, as much as 4 days in one case. Worth the 1.5-2 hours of babble I know how to resist.
Plus they give you 15,000 Hilton points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or