U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-20-2019, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
3,901 posts, read 3,579,980 times
Reputation: 7180

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Do Canada a favor and STAY in the US, ok?
LOL don't make me come up there and slap you in the face with some back bacon, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2019, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Wasilla, AK
7,233 posts, read 4,123,924 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
LOL don't make me come up there and slap you in the face with some back bacon, eh?

Just to derail a little here, but I have never seen Canadian bacon in Canada, except on an Egg McMuffin. Every time I have breakfast it's strip bacon. And when I'm in Canada, I'd much rather go to Tim Hortons for breakfast than MacDonald's. They're so much better, so I have to wonder why Canadians don't go there instead of MacDonald's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2019, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
3,901 posts, read 3,579,980 times
Reputation: 7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Just to derail a little here, but I have never seen Canadian bacon in Canada, except on an Egg McMuffin. Every time I have breakfast it's strip bacon. And when I'm in Canada, I'd much rather go to Tim Hortons for breakfast than MacDonald's. They're so much better, so I have to wonder why Canadians don't go there instead of MacDonald's.
IDK, Doug and Bob McKenzie used to talk about back bacon all the time. I've heard that Canadian bacon is not a thing in Canada, nor are English muffins a thing in England. And in France they don't have Quarter Pounders.


I never go to any American fast food joint when I'm in a foreign land or even in the States on vacation. Although I made an exception for Monsieur Donut in Montreal (just for the name).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2019, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,596 posts, read 3,967,095 times
Reputation: 7174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
IDK, Doug and Bob McKenzie used to talk about back bacon all the time. I've heard that Canadian bacon is not a thing in Canada, nor are English muffins a thing in England. And in France they don't have Quarter Pounders.


I never go to any American fast food joint when I'm in a foreign land or even in the States on vacation. Although I made an exception for Monsieur Donut in Montreal (just for the name).


English muffins are a thing in England, as are crumpets, scones, drop scones (scotch pancakes) etc

A scone is a bit like what Americans call a biscuit, although there are different variaties.

Back bacon is the usually bacon in the UK, which Americans usually refer to as ham if they are served it, to have American style bacon you have to ask for streaky bacon in the UK. Bacon also comes smoked and unsmoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top