U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 AM
 
9,647 posts, read 4,548,107 times
Reputation: 12515

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
If you want to print it, print it I don't understand the want for cardstock though plus that type of paper isn't cheap.


I usually just print mine @ the kiosks

He's worried if he prints it out then it will get mixed up and lost with all the other papers lying around. He's probably old-school accustomed to the days of paper tickets when if you left the house without your tickets you were screwed. He probably prints out everything else as well - car reservations, hotel reservations, restaurant recommendations, things to see and do, language phrases, etc. If I were to print my boarding passes they wouldn't get lost in all the papers because there aren't other papers lying around. So this is one more example where paper creates the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2019, 11:05 AM
 
9,519 posts, read 13,436,132 times
Reputation: 5692
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
He's worried if he prints it out then it will get mixed up and lost with all the other papers lying around. He's probably old-school accustomed to the days of paper tickets when if you left the house without your tickets you were screwed. He probably prints out everything else as well - car reservations, hotel reservations, restaurant recommendations, things to see and do, language phrases, etc. If I were to print my boarding passes they wouldn't get lost in all the papers because there aren't other papers lying around. So this is one more example where paper creates the problem.
I'm a big printer of stuff (and I'm in my 30's so I get that) but I don't see the need for fancy paper. I guess if you have other papers lying around, sure why not, but I carry a folder when I travel and I put everything I need in it in regards to my travel.


if you are organized, there isn't a need for special paper. Cardstock isn't that cheap and I have to beg the question, will they even accept it? Most boarding passes are on regular white paper I have never heard of anyone printing a boarding pass on cardstock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 AM
 
9,780 posts, read 4,995,849 times
Reputation: 33742
Even back before smart phones when we all had paper boarding passes, I simply put my boarding pass in one particular pocket on the front of my rolling carryon. Nothing else went in there. Made it easy to find, and I didn't have to worry about it getting mixed up with anything else.

Maybe instead of buying special paper, it would be smarter (cheaper) to figure out a way to better organize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2019, 12:00 PM
 
9,647 posts, read 4,548,107 times
Reputation: 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
if you are organized, there isn't a need for special paper. Cardstock isn't that cheap and I have to beg the question, will they even accept it? Most boarding passes are on regular white paper I have never heard of anyone printing a boarding pass on cardstock.

I don't think the airlines care about the medium. It's the scan code that matters. If it scans, you could probably print it on plastic or metal. Of course, the TSA screener has to think it's legit or you will never get to the gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2019, 07:48 PM
 
20,715 posts, read 13,727,285 times
Reputation: 14383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
If you want to print it, print it I don't understand the want for cardstock though plus that type of paper isn't cheap.


I usually just print mine @ the kiosks

You can get 80lb or 110lb card stock at Staples or such places at < $20 for about 250 sheets. Probably less if you scrounge around eBay or similar online sites.


Most people buy the stuff for one project (such as printing up boarding passes), and find they will or never use up the entire packet. What isn't given to the kids or grand-kids for their purposes either ends up donated to a school, house of worship, church Sunday school, sold on eBay or whatever. That or simply eventually rubbished/given away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top