U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 12:01 PM

6,540 posts, read 7,806,331 times

Advertisements

Husband and I are traveling later this month to Boston. Our return flight is late, 8:00 pm or so, and we're staying in an AirBnb. I was looking for some storage options as I didn't want to carry a couple of pieces of luggage around all day before heading to the airport. That's one downside to an AirBnb--can't leave the luggage with the desk.

I don't know how long this app, StoreMe, has existed but it seems ideal for travelers in similar situations. You can look at the website to find locations near you. It seems to be located at places like dry cleaners, small mom and pop stores, and even a mattress store. You do have to make a reservation before heading to the location.

They charge based on the number and size of items: small and large. The definition of small is pretty limited and doesn't include carry-ons so that's a negative. To me, the price is fine, but there are only 2 of us. It might get costly for a family.

I thought I'd share with other travelers. I have no connection to this app. I just wondered what others thought about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 01:01 PM

35,324 posts, read 25,184,015 times
Don't know it, but conceptually this good be great.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:40 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,096,069 times
I haven't used a service like this in the US but I have internationally and haven't had any issues. It sounds like something I would use if the need arises.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 5,016,856 times
Seems legit and a quick search yields a lot of great reviews. And according to the TOS, the stuff is insured. I think I'd be okay with it, given a little more research with similar results.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:19 PM

9,519 posts, read 13,450,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Husband and I are traveling later this month to Boston. Our return flight is late, 8:00 pm or so, and we're staying in an AirBnb. I was looking for some storage options as I didn't want to carry a couple of pieces of luggage around all day before heading to the airport. That's one downside to an AirBnb--can't leave the luggage with the desk.

I don't know how long this app, StoreMe, has existed but it seems ideal for travelers in similar situations. You can look at the website to find locations near you. It seems to be located at places like dry cleaners, small mom and pop stores, and even a mattress store. You do have to make a reservation before heading to the location.

They charge based on the number and size of items: small and large. The definition of small is pretty limited and doesn't include carry-ons so that's a negative. To me, the price is fine, but there are only 2 of us. It might get costly for a family.

I thought I'd share with other travelers. I have no connection to this app. I just wondered what others thought about it.
Can you extend your departing time @ the airbnb? Im missing why you canít leave the luggage @ the airbnb .. do you have be out by a certain time for new guests?

I think that app sounds cool. Iíd use it. I think many travelers would have a need for that. Good find

Old 04-10-2019, 08:26 PM

6,540 posts, read 7,806,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Can you extend your departing time @ the airbnb? Im missing why you canít leave the luggage @ the airbnb .. do you have be out by a certain time for new guests?

I think that app sounds cool. Iíd use it. I think many travelers would have a need for that. Good find
We've stayed at this AirBnb before. It's an apartment and not just a room in a house and in a great location. Literally a minute walk to lots of things we enjoy. We could pay for an extra night, but it's a bit pricey.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:16 AM

75 posts, read 23,404 times
Hi,
I haven't used this app but I think it is a great app for travelers.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel