Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 05:45 PM

7,452 posts, read 4,684,019 times

Advertisements

I think they should watch The Terminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 08:43 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Fake news again. Wake up people news is too often biased. Sometimes by intent but more often by iggnorance or incompetence.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:44 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
who the heok is stupid enough to pack prescription drugs in checked luggage?
I have varying tiers of prescription medications.

Some of which I better damned well not skip, not even a single dose.

Some of which, ehhhh... well, let's just say I won't die if it's in my checked-in luggage.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:47 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,289,884 times
It sounds like inexperienced flyers to me.

I don't fly very often and have never experienced sleeping int he airport although I have had weather delays that have gotten me home several hours after midnight. I've learned if you want something in the next 48 hours, it better be packed in carry on. Carry on isn't a guarantee either if you get told to check it at the plane. We've learned to travel with carry on only and no checking bags unless it is souvenirs for the flight home. I pack in tiers. I have a jacket on my arm and glasses to replace contacts in my purse and snacks. They can take the rest. Lol!

Old 04-15-2019, 08:50 AM

4,221 posts, read 4,743,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post

Also, you are told to NEVER pack medications in your checked luggage. Dah!
Well that sure was a lesson learned.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt though...For instance, I have had plenty of trips where I specifically brought a carry on so I wouldn't have to check my bag...only to be forced to check that bag at the gate because there is no more space on the plane. I have to remind myself to then frantically open up that bag at the gate and take out my medication, my 'extra stash of cash', eye mask, ear buds, ear plugs, or whatever else I don't want to be flying without.

Hate it when that happens...

Old 04-16-2019, 11:32 AM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Did you read the entire article? Yes--it was weather.

The airline said it was for weather. Now, again.. Do we know it was cancelled for weather?

We know that's what the airline said.. But, the airline has an incentive to say that. Were there actual storms in the area or others in the country that make the weather cancellation by the airline legitimate?

Airplane is sitting on the tarmac and a gust of wind blows an engine off.. The airline is going to blame that on weather when it's actually a maintenance issue because they're not on the hook for anything when it's weather.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:57 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
tell these people to quit their whining, I slept in the airport once many years ago when my flight was cancelled...***** happens, at least you got to go on a trip, count yourselves lucky! God the amount of entitlement and whining in kids these days, simply outrageous!

Old 04-16-2019, 04:36 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The airline said it was for weather. Now, again.. Do we know it was cancelled for weather?
FAA is quite particular for reasons of cancellations.

And just on a side note--Phoenix was going to needed that plane the next morning. So pretty much airlines want to keep their schedule going well. It puts a kink in the schedule if Phoenix does not have a plane for their morning flight.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:30 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
tell these people to quit their whining, I slept in the airport once many years ago when my flight was cancelled...***** happens, at least you got to go on a trip, count yourselves lucky! God the amount of entitlement and whining in kids these days, simply outrageous!
It's not just the kids. I found myself disgruntled because the food service in Business Class on a 3-hour flight from DFW to Cabo San Lucas leaving at 8 PM was a dish of mixed nuts and a warm chocolate chip cookie. Oh, yeah- and I didn't get lounge access.

And I'm 66.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

We know that's what the airline said.. But, the airline has an incentive to say that. Were there actual storms in the area or others in the country that make the weather cancellation by the airline legitimate?
Sure... wasn't there a monsoon somewhere that night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel