Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 12:54 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,097,760 times

Advertisements

Hi all, my friend invited us to go to Berlin with her for a few days in late September. My husband and I have never been so we are super excited. We decided to take some additional days an add another destination to our trip. We've been to Amsterdam and thought about going back as we loved it. However, we also thought about taking this opportunity to see somewhere new. We were thinking maybe Prague but wanted opinions from those who've been there. Should we go to Prague or go back to Amsterdam or is there somewhere else you'd recommend?

We love history, museums, food, beer and enjoy walking around a new city a lot. =)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 01:34 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Prague is great and a lot cheaper than Amsterdam.

If you like food and beer and walking around, you'd enjoy it.

If you go, I'd definitely recommend a side trip to Kutna Hora and visit the bone church.

For another recommendation, I'd suggest Krakow. Poland is terrific! Budapest is also great!

Old 04-10-2019, 02:35 PM

2,120 posts, read 1,788,050 times
If you go do Amsterdam, you could also add on Brussels or Bruge which can easily be done as a day trip. That way you can do a bit of old and new

Old 04-10-2019, 02:37 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Hi all, my friend invited us to go to Berlin with her for a few days in late September. My husband and I have never been so we are super excited. We decided to take some additional days an add another destination to our trip. We've been to Amsterdam and thought about going back as we loved it. However, we also thought about taking this opportunity to see somewhere new. We were thinking maybe Prague but wanted opinions from those who've been there. Should we go to Prague or go back to Amsterdam or is there somewhere else you'd recommend?

We love history, museums, food, beer and enjoy walking around a new city a lot. =)

Thanks in advance for your help.
I love Prague! Try the trdelnik chimney cake dessert

Copenhagen looks beautiful too.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:10 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Prague is an easy city walk around on foot.

I found Amsterdam to be too crowded, but I went during the summer.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:23 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I love Prague! Try the trdelnik chimney cake dessert

Copenhagen looks beautiful too.
Copenhagen is awesome (I've been twice) but very very expensive

Old 04-11-2019, 03:01 AM

1,584 posts, read 980,722 times
Agreed about Prague. Reasonably priced, great for beer, gorgeous architecture, easy to walk around and see. Prague Castle has some okay art museums. You can see most of the city’s attractions in a couple days easily. Just avoid taking taxis, as Prague cabbies are notorious rip-off artists.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:04 AM

1,584 posts, read 980,722 times
Have not been to Berlin, but research suggests there are tons of fine art and artifacts museums there. It's worth studying up on. One day-trip option might be to visit Potsdam, home to Frederick the Great's castle Sans Souci.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:08 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,516,469 times
We were just in Berlin/Dresden/Prague this past late September early October, loved them all. If you have the time add Dresden to the itinerary. It's easily done, especially if taking the train to Prague, highly recommended.

Dresden, especially the Dresden Castle area is walkable, has interesting sites to see, has great restaurants and at night is gorgeous!

Prague along with being very walkable, has the bus system that is easy to use and is great for getting around. If you have time stop at the Cafe Imperial for a meal and Hemingway Bar for a after dinner cocktail!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:15 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,097,760 times
Alright! You all have convinced me. I think Prague it is. =) Maybe I'll try to add Dresden too.

Thank you all so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel