U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:10 AM

5,483 posts, read 3,916,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Bermuda, and Cape Ann Mass., or Rocky Neck Mass?
Ah, you read my mind! Bermuda is high on my list. I have heard it is not sketchy at all.

Cape Ann has always looked great too. A bit pricey?? Not sure.
Will have to look into Rocky Neck!

Last edited by maineguy8888; 04-15-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 10:26 AM

356 posts, read 83,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Ah, you read my mind! Bermuda is high on my list. I have heard it is not sketchy at all.

Cape Ann has always looked great too. A bit pricey?? Notr sure.
Will have to look into Rocky Neck!
Tons of opioid issues on Mass. North Shore.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maduro lonsdale View Post
Tons of opioid issues on Mass. North Shore.
I know, and it seems like that crap has reached everywhere these days.
That said, I know there are some places that aren't as badly affected.
Some of those towns on the North Shore are really sketchy; some not so much. I wonder if there are any which have really succeeded in avoiding the drug scourge?

Old 04-15-2019, 12:10 PM

1,182 posts, read 480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Ah, you read my mind! Bermuda is high on my list. I have heard it is not sketchy at all.!
Bermuda may be pricey. Check first.

St. Augustine, FL has about three days worth of attractions, and I didn't find it sketchy. Struck me as being just a small town with a lot of stuff to see. Trip reports:

https://www.fodors.com/community/uni...eport-1168278/

https://www.fodors.com/community/uni...ustine-891841/

Prices seemed okay at the time.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:21 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,622 posts, read 39,986,663 times
For WY ... see if you can avoid Rock Springs, Evanston, and Casper.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
Bermuda may be pricey. Check first.

St. Augustine, FL has about three days worth of attractions, and I didn't find it sketchy. Struck me as being just a small town with a lot of stuff to see. Trip reports:

https://www.fodors.com/community/uni...eport-1168278/

https://www.fodors.com/community/uni...ustine-891841/

Prices seemed okay at the time.
Sounds good about St. Augustine, thanks. We ALMOST spent a few days there last year, but ended up going to Daytona for a few days (which was fun), and then over to Wakulla Springs near the panhandle......which was awesome.

I know Bermuda can be pricey........we don't usually stay at the top-end places and I can find good deals, usually. I just wasn't sure if it was sketchy in areas, like Bahamas or most of the other islands.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
For WY ... see if you can avoid Rock Springs, Evanston, and Casper.
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2019, 01:37 PM

5,104 posts, read 5,401,165 times
I think the Outer Banks as a whole is pretty vanilla. You'd be hard pressed to find any sketch.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:45 PM

3,551 posts, read 1,659,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I think the Outer Banks as a whole is pretty vanilla. You'd be hard pressed to find any sketch.

That's what I was thinking about Bethany Beach, too.

Williamsburg in April has a lot of visitors. The weather is usually nice and people come by the droves to see the flower gardens and the baby lambs. Temps vary from 50-80 degrees, but usually in the 60-70 range. Busch Gardens has it's opening day in April, so if that's a reason to visit be sure it's open when you want to some. Although my visitors enjoy the tourist attractions, we have the most fun with them doing non-tourist things, such as riding the Capital Trail, going kayaking out of the Marina, taking the ferry, going to the local consignment shops (WBurg has some awesome ones), etc.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM

How about Myrtle Beach? Was never very interested, but it caught my eye recently. I know it's busy (in March or April). How sketchy is it?

You know, one thing that I'm noticing lately: I have been pretty actively pricing out places all over the US and Caribbean (including Bermuda) for ten years now. Some places we ended up going to, some we have not yet visited. I recognize half the hotels in Florida by sight........lol. It seems that hotel prices are up quite a bit, just over the last year or two. WAY up, in some cases. We have always been able to find really nice places for $150 to $250 for the middle of winter to early spring. Not luxury places, but also not cheap, low end places either. And I didn't have to work very hard to find those prices. Not any more. Even the cheap-o places that were $100 a year or two ago now seem to be closer to $200. And there is a HUGE amount of places that want $300+ per night. (Been there, done that, hope to avoid).

The economy must be really roaring.................it's the only reason I can think of for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or