Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 10:30 AM

985 posts, read 1,009,990 times

Advertisements

OP you will be absolutely fine. I am a nervous flier, too, and know what that feels like. My advice as someone else suggested above is to generally choose larger planes, which even if they are no safer or no more dangerous, feel less turbulent/bumpy. I am even willing to pay a little extra to be on a larger aircraft for sake of peace of mind. Also, if you're feeling nervous sometimes the flight attendants can be helpful. On a recent flight the pilot very vaguely announced that the flight was "going to get bumpy" and I panicked a bit. I explained to a flight attendant that I am a nervous flier and asked her if the turbulence was going to be severe or extraordinary, and she told me that it was going to be moderate and nothing to worry about. When the turbulence arose, I felt far less nervous after having spoken to her. Also, consider bringing a tranquilizer with you. I find that taking a single klonopin an hour or so before take off can be a huge help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 04:47 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,251,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
Also, consider bringing a tranquilizer with you. I find that taking a single klonopin an hour or so before take off can be a huge help.
A friend used to take Xanax when flying. She said that it didn't change her mood or anything- it just kept her from worrying.

It made me wonder if I should get some since I worry about everything!

Old 04-18-2019, 10:35 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,866,842 times
You should be fine. As long as your 737 Is not 737max.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:41 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,857,300 times
I have successfully avoided both AA and UA airlines (including Continental with the exception of one trip) most of my childhood and adult life traveling. Delta has never steered me wrong. Sure there have been delays, but they were quickly remedied within 1 hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel