U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 03:58 PM

4,017 posts, read 1,716,657 times

Advertisements

Discount coupons are actually a sign that there are TOO MANY hotel rooms in the area. They only offer discounts to try to fill those empty rooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 04:43 PM

276 posts, read 81,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
So laughable, and you are a funny one Mr StreetJustice. I dare say I've traveled much more than you. I've worked for the federal government for 25 years and as an IT worker have put many miles behind me supporting a region of several states. I have lived all over the country as well. Indiana, Ohio, Texas, North Dakota, California, DC area. You think I haven't done any road trips to see family? My mother is from a military family and has family scattered from Maine to Arizona. You think I've ever seen any of them? I am lifetime Platinum with Marriott and lifetime Gold with Hilton. Care to guess again? Your original post makes you sound almost childlike when it comes to any type of traveling. Don't tell me that I've not been on many road trips. LOL

This thread has officially become a hoot.
Ever put 300,000 miles on a car in five years?

Old 04-18-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Discount coupons are actually a sign that there are TOO MANY hotel rooms in the area. They only offer discounts to try to fill those empty rooms.
In most rest stops they have coupon books which give discounts for hotels all across the state, and such books are available year round, not just during the non busy seasons.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:52 PM

356 posts, read 87,770 times
Well then go build a tower of hotel rooms off of I-70 in Kansas and become a millionaire!! Surely you've discovered an untapped business opportunity!!

Old 04-18-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maduro lonsdale View Post
Well then go build a tower of hotel rooms off of I-70 in Kansas and become a millionaire!! Surely you've discovered an untapped business opportunity!!
Im not a professional hotel manager.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:55 PM

356 posts, read 87,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetJustice View Post
Im not a professional hotel manager.
Just be the developer, and let your minions run them. You'll still rake it in with all those drivers needing hundreds of rooms!

Old 04-18-2019, 05:02 PM

7,736 posts, read 16,215,119 times
Quote:
In most rest stops they have coupon books which give discounts for hotels all across the state, and such books are available year round, not just during the non busy seasons.
They're actually more common in the off-season during times when hotels otherwise struggle to fill rooms.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:31 PM

1,778 posts, read 829,102 times
Quote:
I sometimes take big long road trips and there are few things as frustrating as trying to check into a hotel room late at night, after a long day of driving, and being told they're out of rooms. For that reason, if you ask me hotels should build more floors and more rooms. Just like some of the super tall skyscrapers in NYC that's what hotels should be like. The 432 Park Avenue building in Manhattan is an excellent example. The 432 Park Avenue building which is the tallest residential building in the world and the second tallest building in NYC after the One World Trade Center is what all hotels should be like, that way they will most likely never run out of rooms.

Sure, since places like Monticrllo Utah or Cortez Colorado need a hotel that can hold more than the town's entire population, just in case...

Old 04-18-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maduro lonsdale View Post
Just be the developer, and let your minions run them. You'll still rake it in with all those drivers needing hundreds of rooms!
Im not a professional developer.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:34 PM

15,259 posts, read 8,676,994 times
Quote:
Often when you're on the road, from my experience, you don't know just how far you will drive before you stop so you have to improvise. To give you an idea of how much I travel, I've got a car that I got brand new back in mid 2014 and by now I've put on over a quarter million miles on it.

Also, you can sometimes get really good discounts on rooms with coupon books that you find at rest stops, such coupons however are only good for walk ins, not for booking ahead.
Interesting way to live life - on the edge!

Personally I can estimate pretty closely how long it takes to drive distances...and therefore SELECT the city that I WANT to stop in. I don't just drive until I'm ready to drop and then hope there's a vacancy in that block of the city. Adults make plans, else they are subject to the vagaries of life - as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or