U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 07:07 AM

38,799 posts, read 56,631,930 times

Advertisements

I did look at those and decided that they are way to wide around the back on the neck to provide comfortable body position.
Notice that the pillow on the link attached to my previous post has that part slimmer so the back of a body can lean comfortably on the back of the seat.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If you get it let us know if you like it. I've never had much luck with inflatble anything, they all seem to give up the ghost after a few uses.
I probably would hate it anyway, and that's probably also the reason why we don't see many people on a plane using any of those pillows...

But: I could imagine that this pillow could be pretty comfortable, although why they made it so huge?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DC..._t2_B007QV9Y3U
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Last edited by elnina; 04-22-2019 at 07:41 AM..

Old 04-22-2019, 07:55 AM

OMG!! That's for sure - I wouldn't be caught wearing this, no matter how comfortable it feels!!
https://www.amazon.com/OSTRICH-ORIGI...ef=as_li_ss_tl

Old 04-22-2019, 08:07 AM

10,727 posts, read 14,535,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OMG!! That's for sure - I wouldn't be caught wearing this, no matter how comfortable it feels!!
https://www.amazon.com/OSTRICH-ORIGI...ef=as_li_ss_tl
No doubt, aside from being hideous it doesn't look remotely comfortable. Now those meat pillows underneath, I'd buy one just for the novelty, lol.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:17 PM

9,448 posts, read 8,488,344 times
Count me in as the third who uses the travel pillow backwards.

However, I wouldn't mind buying that one above from amazon.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:11 PM

7,670 posts, read 3,149,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I have to travel in a few weeks and I look forward to it, except I don't like plane rides. I have a 15 hour flight in economy class. My neck often aches from sleeping slouched over in my seat. Do travel pillows work? When I see them in the store, many don't appear very supportive, more like shoulder warmers than support. I see many varieties online. Do the traditional travel pillows push your head forward in an airplane seat? I see this as a potential problem, considering that the seats don't recline back very much.

What is your experience with your travel pillow and which brand do you use?
Inflatable is a must. Get one at one of the airport shops.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:35 PM

4,094 posts, read 1,627,751 times
"What is your experience with your travel pillow and which brand do you use?"

gave up on travel pillows 28 years ago. i have a travel "sweater" that is rolled up
into the preferred shape and it has been wonderful. it has logged a million miles or more.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:50 PM

645 posts, read 1,388,036 times
Get this one: https://trtltravel.com/products/trtl-travel-pillow

It's very easy to pack. I never could sleep on planes until I got this one. When you try it on at home, make sure you sit in a chair like you would a plane seat--it won't feel right sitting at a kitchen table

Old 04-22-2019, 06:43 PM

10,131 posts, read 5,240,313 times
I've never used a travel pillow. It's just one more think I have to find space for when space is at a premium. And I don't want extra crap tethered to my bags. I'm a travel minimalist.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:18 PM

11,264 posts, read 6,281,539 times
Much like others, except that I was a commuter by train. I always had my travel pillow. It was an inflatable. I believe it was the Lewis and Clark one. Very easy to blow into. Only took like 2 or 3 puffs at most. It was easy enough and quite quick to deflate as well. Easily adjustable if you needed a little less air. A very light tap.
I had tried the memory foam pillow but grew tired of stuffing it into my back pack.

I used wrap around sun glasses, and foam cushioned earphones, BT connected to my iPhone. I had 3 different music lists to select from. Each list had more than 20 songs loaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel