U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 08:00 PM

15,070 posts, read 19,008,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I would like to see more PET FREE hotels. I am tired of the barking and the little "calling cards" on the carpeting.
If you're staying in a hotel that left a "little calling card" on the carpet, you're selecting some pretty crappy hotels. (No pun intended.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 10:04 PM

14,260 posts, read 23,987,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
If you're staying in a hotel that left a "little calling card" on the carpet, you're selecting some pretty crappy hotels. (No pun intended.)
Hampton inn and Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Not flea bags.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:07 AM

37,990 posts, read 55,756,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Right but it would be simple to have

1. "Pet Friendly "- pets stay free ( perhaps for 2 or less pets) no deposits

2. "Pets allowable"- - fees are XXXX per pet- deposits are ___

3. No pets.
You probably would be happier traveling in Europe. They seem to have friendlier, less greedy rules.

https://www.bringfido.com/lodging/region/europe/
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Hampton inn and Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Not flea bags.
typically, that's true - but both are franchised. It's like a box of chocolates. . . (And I'm doubtful you really encountered dog poop on a hotel room floor -especially twice.)

In any event, outside of Disney resorts, I don't think there's a single major chain that has a 100% No Pets policy. allowing pets creates more guests and those fees are added income (like checked baggage charges by airlibes). Capitalism at work.

But here are two chains you'll certainly want to avoid:

Klimpton

Hotel Nikko

Old 04-30-2019, 04:48 PM

14,260 posts, read 23,987,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
typically, that's true - but both are franchised. It's like a box of chocolates. . . (And I'm doubtful you really encountered dog poop on a hotel room floor -especially twice.)

In any event, outside of Disney resorts, I don't think there's a single major chain that has a 100% No Pets policy. allowing pets creates more guests and those fees are added income (like checked baggage charges by airlibes). Capitalism at work.

But here are two chains you'll certainly want to avoid:

Klimpton

Hotel Nikko

When they charge you for the name, you cannot use the "well, they are franchised" argument. Both Marriott and Hilton charge you considerably more than similar properties for a certain standard. And that includes clean carpeting.

I have spent 200+ nights per year for a number of years and I have seen more than a couple of "accidents". There is an element of dog owners who will not pick up after their mutts.

Old 04-30-2019, 05:45 PM

750 posts, read 437,493 times
If I'd ever own a motel, (not likely to happen at my age) I would heavily advertise that we don't charge a dime extra for pets, if the room is left as clean as they got it at move in. I would rask for a fully refundable deposit however.

Sure, mgforshort is a hopeless dog lover.

Nope. Mgforshort thinks like a clever business owner.

Honestly, which motel has higher gross income ? The motel with extra pet fee and 50% occupancy, or the motel where pets sleep free and they have a 95% occupancy?

At any place with solid tile floors the managers shouldn't worry much about damage, and in the rare case the dog owners credit card can be charged as necessary.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
If I'd ever own a motel, (not likely to happen at my age) I would heavily advertise that we don't charge a dime extra for pets, if the room is left as clean as they got it at move in. I would rask for a fully refundable deposit however.

Sure, mgforshort is a hopeless dog lover.

Nope. Mgforshort thinks like a clever business owner.

Honestly, which motel has higher gross income ? The motel with extra pet fee and 50% occupancy, or the motel where pets sleep free and they have a 95% occupancy?

At any place with solid tile floors the managers shouldn't worry much about damage, and in the rare case the dog owners credit card can be charged as necessary.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel