U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2019, 11:26 PM

5 posts, read 2,020 times

Advertisements

I'm at a hotel trying to get some sleep for an early drive tomorrow, and some loud gigantic rattling bang keeps happening (it's like 11:30pm), it sounds like someone's slamming a door right next to mine, but I can't see who it is (there's only one floor).

I go outside to a couple several doors down and ask if they've seen anyone go in and out (for all I know the bang may be some sort of failing A/C intake on the roof), they say (half-drunk it seems) "no we didn't hear anybody" and as I'm walking off make scoffing noises and then what sounds like mocking and laughter.

I don't understand this behavior; maybe I'll find what's causing the slamming that keeps waking me up (without me having to call the front desk and blame someone whom I don't know is doing it), but the scoffing is what sounds like the opposite reaction of a normal human... if someone's being kept awake by slamming, why would you scoff at someone asking if they just saw anyone doing it? Wouldn't you want to know or be pissed if it were happening to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 11:54 PM

37,962 posts, read 55,708,171 times
You expect that some half drunks have manners? Generally, even when sober, lots of people don't care about your feelings or well being, are self centered, feel entitled to do what they want (land of freedom?), and consider any complaints ridiculous and amusing...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:07 AM

1,172 posts, read 477,617 times
It’s usually not a good idea to try and solve this kind of problem on one’s own. Call the front desk and complain.

People who do things like this in my experience don’t care about inconveniencing others. It can be because they’re drunk or just jerks. Confronting them usually won’t work.

Old 04-28-2019, 04:24 AM

6,547 posts, read 7,961,421 times
It was the guys a couple doors down no doubt. They were scoffing because they fooled you and that made them oh so smart. Hope you called the front desk for help.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:04 AM

15,066 posts, read 18,990,908 times
Maybe you have a sensitivity to noises? Loud obnoxious vindictive new neighbor doesn't care about crashing

Old 04-30-2019, 11:27 AM

6,550 posts, read 3,653,233 times
I always carry ear plugs.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:47 PM

2,545 posts, read 1,634,457 times
Are you sure it is not the pipes? I have encounter very loud bagning noise. It turn out to be plumbing.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:51 PM

37,962 posts, read 55,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Are you sure it is not the pipes? I have encounter very loud bagning noise. It turn out to be plumbing.
Well, if that's the case, it should be reported to the front desk...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or