Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 03:01 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
WTF does our President have to do with where you're traveling?.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/t...ump-rules.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uba/843419001/

And Cuba isn't a rogue country. They don't have any restrictions on Americans traveling.

Quote:
No country wants their citizens traveling to an enemy country or territory.
Cuba isn't an enemy country or territory. They simply wouldn't allow Americans uncontrolled economic access to their country following the revolution and they defended themselves during Kennedy's Bay of Pigs fiasco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 03:03 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
If he travels with his boyfriend/husband, people can figure it out.
Unless they are kissing and making out in public, people will simply assume they are friends.

It is common in many cultures for men to be physical with men and women with women without it being anything sexual.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:05 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Unless they are kissing in public, people will simply assume they are friends.

It is common in many cultures for men to be physical with men and women with women without it being anything sexual.
That's as boneheaded as your earlier comment.

Quote:
How would anybody know your sexual orientation unless you specifically told them?
I hope you were joking about this one.

Do you want a mulligan for this entire thread?

Old 05-07-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
That's as boneheaded as your earlier comment.

I hope you were joking about this one.

Do you want a mulligan for this entire thread?
Please explain your position.

Unless you perform intimate or sexual acts in public, there is no way for anyone to know your sexual orientation. Nobody will even care.

Homosexuality or heterosexuality is not a racial, ethnic or national identification.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:09 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Cuba is probably better.

North Korea only allows you to see a very limited part of the country. The worst part is you can't really talk to local people. The upside is a trip to NK won't cost a lot of money.
Yes, exactly, I feel like you don't really get the true picture of North Korea. Still it very much intrigues me.

Something interesting … I read a blog of 2 Canadians who went and then a separate blog from an American who went … and they had vastly different experiences!

Old 05-07-2019, 03:09 PM

438 posts, read 376,050 times
I've traveled through Europe as a single african american woman and never felt I was at risk, forced to restrict myself, or singled out more compared to other single ladies of various races. In fact I found people were a bit more accepting in major cities versus some of the locations I've visited alone in the US.

A good rule of thumb is if you're not familiar with a location or speak the native language you should find a buddy during your stay. They can be a person traveling with you the whole way, or someone you've met along the way; even a pre arranged guide can be insanely helpful at making you feel at ease about your surroundings and helpful at understanding the language or cultures so you don't feel as uncomfortable in seemingly strange situations.

I know there are some forums and groups for women travelers to meet up during their overseas travels and explore areas together. At the end of the day just like with traveling in the US, the only person limiting your travels (other then obvious state/national travel restrictions) is you. Obviously you want to be comfortable when you travel; but there are ways to remedy that like going with planned groups such as your possible trip to Italy (which I would highly encourage; the history and traveling significance of the country is hard/impossible to replicate). Just make sure you study up on the locations and learn the basic phrases/cultural quirks and you'll be fine!

Old 05-07-2019, 03:16 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,713,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yes, exactly, I feel like you don't really get the true picture of North Korea. Still it very much intrigues me.

Something interesting … I read a blog of 2 Canadians who went and then a separate blog from an American who went … and they had vastly different experiences!
Have you read any post from Chinese traveling to NK?

https://you.ctrip.com/travels/northk...3/2949191.html

Google translate helps.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:22 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Have you read any post from Chinese traveling to NK?

https://you.ctrip.com/travels/northk...3/2949191.html

Google translate helps.
I'm not about to translate this puppy, lol but the pictures seem like they are given a lot more access than Americans are.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
China is one of the five countries.

Plenty of people care to visit the most populous country in the world.
I know many people who fly regularly between the United States and China.

I am not aware of any travel restrictions between the 2 countries.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:37 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,713,581 times
Quote:
I know many people who fly regularly between the United States and China.

I am not aware of any travel restrictions between the 2 countries.
There's no restriction, it's just not visa-free.

All you need to apply for a tourist visa which is valid up to 10 years I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel