U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 03:06 PM

3,801 posts, read 2,014,813 times

Advertisements

It's a simple question to find out what happened:

OP, do you pee sitting or standing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 03:47 PM

3,290 posts, read 847,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Toilet seat would be clean but the floor might be a little wet. Maybe a lot wet.
Middle of the night... not the morning... LOL

Old 05-07-2019, 05:26 PM

12,625 posts, read 7,538,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I doesn't affect your ability to book future stays.
Yes it can.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:52 PM

982 posts, read 299,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes it can.
Yeah, but if I was a host and I saw that review, I would think it was unhinged. Can't complain about some one using a bathroom at night.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:17 PM

18,268 posts, read 10,368,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
This is why you should always sit on the toilet in the middle of the night, rather than standing. If you are half asleep, you may not notice you are making a mess, or have the lid down.
Something I learned way back in my navy days with ship's heads being notoriously cramped and not having enough urinals to service the demand so after a night of shore leave, get out of the rack to get rid of the beer mean't sitting down as some of the heads you couldn't lift or lower the seat with the door closed so the drill was to stagger in, drop the seat, drop your trunks sit your arse down and relax until finished.. flush, rinse your digits and stagger back to your rack...no conceivable mess left behind for the next guy to unwittingly squat on.

You learned or suffered the blessings of a mess full of pizzed off mess-mates paying you back in ways you cannot possibly imagine. That method has served me well for over 50 years of wedded bliss.

No discolouring of floor tiles from years of those inevitable little fogs of spray from the splashback...and no wet seats to surprise your better half after she's just cooked you a fine dinner.

If a biffy does not have a urinal; sit the hell down to perform your watering off function. Eazy-peazy.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:44 PM

9,662 posts, read 4,553,619 times
If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and have a seatie.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:48 PM

3,213 posts, read 1,638,903 times
Men always get pee on the toilet, its impossible not to. If you are a guest in someone's especially a women's and you can't blame it on anybody else (just kidding), clean up after yourself. My wife finally got me aware of it and I clean up each time. Nothing worse when a woman sits down and there is pee on the seat or floor. OP there is nothing to do. You are not innocent and the host has a right to complain. Maybe she didn't want to confront you, after all she is not your wife and if you don't know how to clean up after yourself, then you deserve a bad review.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:06 AM

1,299 posts, read 393,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
I think the lesson in this is never rent a room, only rent a whole apartment.

There are people who are very lite sleepers. Every noise wakes them. These people shouldn't be Airbnb hosts. Using the bathroom at night, should never be an issue.

Right it off to experience and avoid renting a room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
In the future, stay in non-owner-occupied places until you build up some better reviews. This review should not bother the owners of such places. Personally I would never stay in a place where I was sharing a bathroom with anyone.

I agree with both comments. Id rather rent a motel room then than put up with the owner staying there with me and listening to everything I do and monitoring every move I make.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:54 AM

18,089 posts, read 22,943,598 times
OP, when I read what the hostess wrote, my first thought was - wow, what a crazy beoch. She shouldn't be renting out rooms on AirBnB.

My second thought was, I don't think you should respond at all. i think other people reading your reviews will see a bunch of great reviews and then a review from someone who sounds like a crazy beoch who shouldn't be renting rooms out on AirBnB.

I'd just leave it alone.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:01 AM

5,461 posts, read 2,922,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
... If I did make the mess she describes it must have been in the middle of the night with the lights off, hence I would have been unaware there was a mess.
The fact that you are even saying you would have been unaware of a mess, pretty much translates that you did make a mess and that is gross.

I have a husband, we raised three sons. NEVER was there a mess in the bathroom. I do remember my husband taking my sons in the bathroom, closing the door and having a conversation with them about cleanliness. It is not that difficult. There is no such thing as "unaware of a mess".

I have stayed in about 15 airbnbs. I do prefer a private entrance in a private room with my own bathroom, etc. However I have "chosen" to have stay in the "extra room" with a shared bathroom. I already know what I have signed up for, I am extremely quiet and respectful that I am in someone's home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or