U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 07:28 AM

8,201 posts, read 2,422,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
Was there any other guest at that Airbnb host's house at the same time while you were there? If yes, you can contact that host and explain that it was not you who made all the noise and mess. You can request that host to remove that negative comment. If no other guest, why would she write that? If you did not make noise and mess, you can write a reply back, and she would be like a liar, and she would lose business in the future.
You can't urinate in the dark unless you sit down.
What are you thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 AM

9,644 posts, read 4,545,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
OP, when I read what the hostess wrote, my first thought was - wow, what a crazy beoch. She shouldn't be renting out rooms on AirBnB.

My second thought was, I don't think you should respond at all. i think other people reading your reviews will see a bunch of great reviews and then a review from someone who sounds like a crazy beoch who shouldn't be renting rooms out on AirBnB.

I'd just leave it alone.

That sounds noble but too many take a non-response as an acceptance if not admission of guilt. I'd respond but keep it a simple polite denial and unawareness there were curfews and cleaning requirements. I agree the review might be more damaging to her ability to find guests than to his ability to find hosts. Reading that review would give me pause to booking a room with her even though I tend to be quiet as a mouse and leave a room cleaner than I found it. Last thing I want is a monitor.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:34 AM

1,740 posts, read 2,156,010 times
A negative airbnb review has got you this worked up?

Old 05-08-2019, 11:30 AM

12,004 posts, read 16,756,182 times
I had a male roommate who literally had no idea he was peeing everywhere but (it seemed) the toilet. After he moved in, the bathroom developed a smell unless I bleached all around the toilet every other day. We had several awkward conversations where he swore that he wasn't missing, but it all came out when I went on vacation for a week and suddenly I wasn't cleaning up his mess. He finally realized he was causing the smell.

Which is all to say that I don't much trust guys who say they have perfect aim. If someone else is telling you that you are leaving a mess, believe them.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:31 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,399,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This.

Its nasty. Especially if it's not your home. Shudder.
but if you rent your home out, don't you expect that someone may not have the same cleaning standards. I raised boys and let me tell you, they "miss" all the time and for some reason never seemed to mind. lol

Now I don;t think op, totally "missed" the bowl but I am amazed at what my husband misses after a midnight run to the bathroom.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:53 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,580,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
but if you rent your home out, don't you expect that someone may not have the same cleaning standards. I raised boys and let me tell you, they "miss" all the time and for some reason never seemed to mind. lol

Now I don;t think op, totally "missed" the bowl but I am amazed at what my husband misses after a midnight run to the bathroom.
I think most guys have a notion of an allowable "splatter zone" at least at home. But "going" in a strange shared bathroom at night with the lights off shows some real immaturity not to mention overconfidence.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:40 PM

7,216 posts, read 12,651,511 times
Quote:
It would never occur to me that someone peeing on the toilet seat and/or the floor AND NOT CLEANING UP HIS OWN MESS means that my "cleaning standards" are too high! I could vomit at the idea of having to clean up some stranger's bathroom "misses." Gross, gross, gross.

These posts are making me SO glad I didn't have brothers growing up (and my stepfather apparently had good aim). But I've lived with men before and they never left such disgusting messes. (They probably knew I would not be too happy about it!!)

The OP clearly made a disgusting mess in the bathroom (he doesn't even deny that) but several posters don't seem to think it's a big deal. I would be furious. Given how I would react, I thought the review was pretty mild.

(Is the OP too embarrassed to come back to this thread? )

Old 05-08-2019, 03:13 PM

12,550 posts, read 7,520,870 times
Quote:
But the OP isn't a child. He is well past the point of it being okay if he misses, especially if it is happening all the time.

I'm glad I don't live with many of the posters in this thread. Thinking it's acceptable for the men in your families to pee all over the toilet and floor is disgusting. I would not accept such behavior from my husband, and can't believe how many others do. Gross, gross, gross!

And no, no one wants to clean up after a grown man. It doesn't matter that the OP paid a cleaning fee. The cleaning fee does not allow you to act like a wild animal in someone else's home.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:16 PM

4,122 posts, read 3,777,519 times
Funny story. My husband was the student manager at a college coop house. There was a bathroom that guys used, that a girl happened to have the coop job of cleaning. She complained about how disgustingly filthy the bathroom was. Hubby called a house meeting and announced, "Henceforth, all men shall sit to pee!" One guy (whose race I shall not mention), said, "Aww, but Manager, the water's cold!"

Even with the best of aim, there will be splash-back of urine-tainted water from the bowl, out of the bowl. And without the best aim, there will be urine all over and around the toilet! Where did the idea come from, that it was acceptable for men to urinate from two feet away from the bowl, in the general direction of the bowl? And in most situations, it is a woman who winds up cleaning it up!

The only place where a man should be standing to pee, is at a urinal. In every other location, unless the man is the one who cleans that bathroom, he is making a filthy mess, and leaving it for (likely) a woman to clean up. Not nice.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:17 PM

4,122 posts, read 3,777,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But the OP isn't a child. He is well past the point of it being okay if he misses, especially if it is happening all the time.

I'm glad I don't live with many of the posters in this thread. Thinking it's acceptable for the men in your families to pee all over the toilet and floor is disgusting. I would not accept such behavior from my husband, and can't believe how many others do. Gross, gross, gross!

And no, no one wants to clean up after a grown man. It doesn't matter that the OP paid a cleaning fee. The cleaning fee does not allow you to act like a wild animal in someone else's home.
I didn't want to clean up after my sons, either! That's why the rule in our house was, "All men shall sit to pee!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or