Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:51 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,239,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Also, I have no need to prove my liberal open-mindedness by going to such a country. People can argue that every country has inequality between the sexes, races, ethnicities - well, it's all a matter of degree and I choose to draw a line.
And, as I noted earlier, when it's part of the legal code... that's where I draw my line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 07:52 PM

833 posts, read 653,730 times
I have got a moslem friend and he says he would not go there for all the money in the world. I trust him.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:50 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,053,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
Hi. I had to go for work. When I had nothing to do I looked for tourist stuff. This was not easy. They dont put as much value in stuff I would consider historic or culturally important.

Stuff to see. Some I saw, Some I didnt

THis place is by the people who also made Petra. Called Mada'in Saleh
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mada%27in_Saleh

Al-Qarah Mountain - this is in Hofuf which also has historic mosques but i didnt go to any. Its a very neat looking landscape and a sort of cave that is very cool inside. bring your own flashlight.
ThePlace: Al-Qarah Mountain in Al-Ahsa | Arab News

Al-Uqayr - not sure what this was but its a castle. i read that the armies that invaded India and Persia left from here.
https://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/blog/2...-saudi-arabia/

Thaj - not much to see but a town from the time of alexander where there was once a lake. super old looking buildings hidden among the village. old wells and tons of pottery shards.

Tarout Island with its old portuguese fort. alot of these places are enclosed in fencing. some kid wandered by and showed me how to get in thru a hole in the fence. spoke good english cuz he went to a local school supported by oil companies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarout_Castle

the markets are interesting too. animals, spices, all sorts of stuff.

one of the oldest christian churches is there. that was a surprise.

ruins of turkish forts on the west coast and the Red Sea is amazingly beautiful. Snorkeling was awesome. you can swim up to a "wall" where the sea drops sharply deep.

alot of these places were hard to find and i was frequently lost. i had to rely on the kindness of strangers more than once. i'm also a man.

anyway. if you're stuck there without family for weeks you make do.
Thanks for the insight.
This sounds very appealing.

I would like to visit - especially to see the lost cities of people of A’ad and Samood. And also the hill station city of Taif.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel