Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 05:29 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,559,445 times

Advertisements

I searched to see if a thread already existed with this title but couldn't find it.

So, what are your summer 2019 (May 1st - Sept 5th) travel plans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 09:48 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,085,354 times
Pretty epic for us!!! Also pretty scary. I had a thread about our planning on here somewhere.

Late May-Early June: NYC, CHI.
This trip is for business.

Late June - End of August: 9.5-week epic round the world trip (really just Asia, but round the world nevertheless).
Starts in NYC, Tokyo (just a layover), Singapore, Phuket, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Macau, Hong Kong, Zhongshan, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Los Angeles, Detroit, Windsor, Grand Rapids, Chicago.

Traveling with two young boys. Hopefully we survive...it will all depend on how much work needs to be done. Traveling with our kids thankfully has always been easy, however getting work done while taking care of the kids has always been nearly impossible. So I'm praying that there will be minimal work that pops up during our travels and we can be on vacation mode the majority of the time. *Fingers crossed*

Old 05-19-2019, 10:19 PM

Default Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Pretty epic for us!!! Also pretty scary. I had a thread about our planning on here somewhere.

Late May-Early June: NYC, CHI.
This trip is for business.

Late June - End of August: 9.5-week epic round the world trip (really just Asia, but round the world nevertheless).
Starts in NYC, Tokyo (just a layover), Singapore, Phuket, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Macau, Hong Kong, Zhongshan, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Los Angeles, Detroit, Windsor, Grand Rapids, Chicago.

Traveling with two young boys. Hopefully we survive...it will all depend on how much work needs to be done. Traveling with our kids thankfully has always been easy, however getting work done while taking care of the kids has always been nearly impossible. So I'm praying that there will be minimal work that pops up during our travels and we can be on vacation mode the majority of the time. *Fingers crossed*
That sounds great! Your sons are so fortunate.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:20 PM

My planned trips this summer:

Miami
Vienna
Budapest
Prague
Montreal

Old 05-20-2019, 04:08 AM

61,244 posts, read 86,123,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I searched to see if a thread already existed with this title but couldn't find it.

So, what are your summer 2019 (May 1st - Sept 5th) travel plans?
Going overseas for 6 months. Will buy a car and drive around. No special plans - I am a spontaneous traveller.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:46 AM

264 posts, read 134,814 times
I am definitely checking this place out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHNsNXFbctw

Old 05-20-2019, 10:52 AM

17,408 posts, read 14,983,610 times
Nothing massively exciting for me.. June 6-10th going out to Kansas City to visit my dad.. I've arranged an experience for us while we're out there.. Richard Petty Driving Experience at the Kansas Speedway. Taking one of the kids and he's going to get a ride-along, while my dad and I will actually drive. Will take the boy out to Jesse James' house.. Might do a BBQ tour and will try to do an authentic KC Steakhouse.

Then mid July, The other kid and I are going to Gatlinburg for a long weekend. Got us a cabin up there.. I'm not a huge fan of Gatlinburg myself.. Go-Kart track, Antique Shop, Pancake House, Mini-Golf, lather, rinse repeat. But I think he'll enjoy it, and in the evenings, I'll enjoy porch sittin'.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:06 AM

Default To a new place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Going overseas for 6 months. Will buy a car and drive around. No special plans - I am a spontaneous traveller.
For six months? Wow!

* (fingers crossed that elnina posted in my thread asking what about your home when traveling away weeks / months at a time).

Are you heading to a country/countries that you've been to before or a new place?

Old 05-20-2019, 11:09 AM

Default Would love to return to Bermuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
I am definitely checking this place out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHNsNXFbctw
Spent a week in Bermuda many moons ago and had a ground floor resort hotel room that was feet from the beach. It was wonderful! I'd love to go back one day.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:18 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,491,787 times
Northern Wisconsin coming up, San Francisco later in summer, then looking ahead to winter, in January a month in Singapore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel