U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 AM

1,845 posts, read 3,888,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I'm not going on this trip to try the McDonalds chains there. When in Europe, eat what they eat, right? Its always good to try some other's traditional food, even here in Alaska. Never put offered food down, not very polite. I'm up for trying anything once, well, almost anything.
While under normal circumstances I would agree, but if you go to certain locales such as directly in front of the Pantheon in Rome, you can sit at the aluminum tables in front of the cafe and pay 5 bucks plus for a cappuccino or sit next door at the same aluminum tables at McDonald's and pay a buck and a half.

The same WAS true at the McDonald's at the Champs Ulysses until last year but the McD closed up due to high rent.

If you are traveling alone, I guess it doesn't make that much of a difference. But if you have three kids like I do and the place you go charges as much as 3€ in a cover charge per person, then a silly mistake of sitting in the wrong place can ad up quickly. 10 bucks for a beer in Paris at an outdoor cafe. Twice that in San Marco square in Venice. Multiply that times the duration of your stay and you can waste a small fortune.

Last edited by Bob The Builder; 04-19-2008 at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,910 times
It was good to read this thread. In case you want a economical accommodation, you my consider: barcelona hostels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel