U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 05:35 PM

8,791 posts, read 5,657,462 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone here who used to go there in the late eighties - early nineties, and also has gone to what replaced it recently?

How would you describe the differences?

Is there anything like the Adventurer's Club anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 10:04 AM

12,292 posts, read 18,409,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Is there anyone here who used to go there in the late eighties - early nineties, and also has gone to what replaced it recently?

How would you describe the differences?

Is there anything like the Adventurer's Club anymore?
Like locals that go there regularly? I think that was what was originally envisioned by Disney, by having a focus on night clubs. The problem is Disney World is not Orlando. Living in Central Florida, my friends and myself would eat and drink in Orlando and the suburbs of Altamonte Sprigs and Winter Park, not way out in Disney World. It was too far to drive and Disney World was...well, another world separate from Orlando. No ones going to drive 30 miles down I-4 to visit a night club and to be frank we didn't like to be surrounded by tourists.
Who stays in the Disney area? Tourists/families, not 20 somethings and young professionals unless they work in the parks, and in that case they aren't making much money to afford the steep prices that comes with fancy nightclubs. Tourists with families aren't typically going to spend the evening partying in a night club. A serious marketing error by some Disney executives.

In the mid 2000s I believe the changed it around to attract more families, and turned into more of a mall, but by that time it was too late. Not sure what is there now.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:27 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,636,397 times
What's there now is Disney Springs. https://www.disneysprings.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel