U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 12:32 AM

81 posts, read 14,512 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here had to get a passport at the last minute, and how did it work out?

I applied for a passport in March. It still hasn't arrived. Long story short (although I'll answer any specific questions), there was an issue with my birth certificate. I sent in a new one, but no one can tell me anything. They keep saying that someone will call me, but no one ever does. I'm (supposed to be) traveling in July. I've been told I can get a passport within two weeks of travel, but no one will talk to me until I'm literally two weeks out. They have all my paperwork, meaning I'll have to drive 4 hours to Austin to get ANOTHER birth certificate next week, pay the fees all over again and then pray the bottom doesn't drop out again and I miss my trip. Does anyone have any experience with this? The kids and hubby have their passports in hand, even though they applied after me. I'm afraid I'm going to get left behind on the trip of a lifetime tat I paid for and planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 02:38 AM

37,987 posts, read 55,740,290 times
I would go and apply in person. In fact, I did a few years ago in Houston. It worked just fine. Got my passport even before the time-frame.
I am just guessing - where are you located?
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...s/houston.html
https://samedaypassport-visa.com/austin/

When you get your birth certificate ask for certified copies, so you have some for future use.
https://www.thoughtco.com/get-copy-o...ficate-3321075
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:11 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,395,972 times
Where are you calling ? a local office or the National Passport Information Center?

If local, try the information here instead:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...er/status.html

Old 06-05-2019, 02:11 PM

81 posts, read 14,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Where are you calling ? a local office or the National Passport Information Center?

If local, try the information here instead:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...er/status.html
I've been calling the phone number above. Ive even emailed them. I'm still having no luck.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:12 PM

8,249 posts, read 11,110,384 times
My cousin messed up and didn't get her passport in time for (normal processing) Australia. She used a service that gets expedited passports. I think it cost about $100. (more)

Old 06-05-2019, 09:50 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,395,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalhevet View Post
I've been calling the phone number above. Ive even emailed them. I'm still having no luck.
OK, then use this info to lodge a complaint :
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...passports.html

"If you have a compliment or a complaint, we want to hear from you. You can provide feedback online, via phone, or in person.
  • Online: Complete a Customer Survey Form
  • Phone: 1-855-865-7755
    Monday- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time
    Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
    *Except Federal Holidays
  • Kiosk: Located at a passport agency or center. Press the button that best describes your experience at the agency.
and/or contact your local Congressperson

Old 06-07-2019, 06:54 AM

37,987 posts, read 55,740,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalhevet View Post
I provided enough info. Why are you still calling?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or