U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:45 PM

25,994 posts, read 33,010,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I hate it, lol.

I hate the lines. I hate being cramped. I hate being in close quarters with people.
I love flying. Always have. I just don't like all the before preparations. I went to Greece last year, and honestly, there was not single time in any of the travel time, where I was grumbly or annoyed with one single thing.

I love driving too...but I prefer to drive alone. I just get so into it...I sing...I really enjoy it. It sucks that my BF hates driving and hates being in the car for more than 4 hours. Not only do I not get to sing, I have to listen to him complain about how miserable he is. I'd rather go without him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 07:16 PM

56,102 posts, read 54,597,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I love flying. Always have. I just don't like all the before preparations. I went to Greece last year, and honestly, there was not single time in any of the travel time, where I was grumbly or annoyed with one single thing.

I love driving too...but I prefer to drive alone. I just get so into it...I sing...I really enjoy it. It sucks that my BF hates driving and hates being in the car for more than 4 hours. Not only do I not get to sing, I have to listen to him complain about how miserable he is. I'd rather go without him.
LOL.

I drive long distances alone regularly, and I love it. Drove 284 miles today. I usually listen to music, but I've been on a true crime podcast kick. I'm binge-listening right now to one that's got 80+ episodes. I'm up to No. 40. Four more hours/242 miles tomorrow. Each episode is about 45 minutes. Probably get about five more in.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:47 PM

4,423 posts, read 1,676,659 times
Considering it took Phileas Fogg 80 days on hard seats and cost a fortune and he did it for fun, it;s not so bad.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:57 PM

1,293 posts, read 949,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I enjoy flying. But I'm lucky.

I have never been bothered by the TSA. Guess they don't profile little white women in wacky socks as being possibly dangerous.

I'm a small human. So I'm not usually uncomfortably squeezed against others during the flight.

I do not travel with pets or children.

And I like the Biscoff cookies (biscuits) very much with coffee. Yum.

Also, I normally fly to go on vacations, so I'm doing fun things. And I like very much to fly alone, it makes me feel all independent and adulty and such. My inner extrovert makes me wish that other people were more friendly and chatty on flights than they tend to be, but I did once meet a fascinating older gentleman and we talked for the whole 2 hour flight and both enjoyed our conversation very much. That's pure gold to me, turning strangers into friends. Doesn't happen often though. Mostly people on planes want to be left alone, as far as I can tell.

I don't know you, but with this level of positive thinking, you are a great small treasure of a human )))

Old 06-07-2019, 05:18 AM

5,846 posts, read 8,609,403 times
I enjoy flying when I am in business class. Otherwise I hate it. I particularly enjoyed a 16 hour flight to Hong Kong in business class. It was so relaxing and comfortable that I didn't want it to end. It's rare that I get that much time to myself with nothing I need to do. I just got into a zone, stretched out, slept, watched some movies, and had some snacks. It was a great flight.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:26 AM

56,102 posts, read 54,597,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I enjoy flying when I am in business class. Otherwise I hate it. I particularly enjoyed a 16 hour flight to Hong Kong in business class. It was so relaxing and comfortable that I didn't want it to end. It's rare that I get that much time to myself with nothing I need to do. I just got into a zone, stretched out, slept, watched some movies, and had some snacks. It was a great flight.
That's how I felt flying back from London, my first non-stop across the Atlantic. I watched a couple of movies, dozed, read. Before retirement, I rarely had that kind of a block of time to just do things like that.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:43 AM

5,846 posts, read 8,609,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's how I felt flying back from London, my first non-stop across the Atlantic. I watched a couple of movies, dozed, read. Before retirement, I rarely had that kind of a block of time to just do things like that.
One of the things I liked about the Hong Kong flight was that there was no wifi. Some people couldn't believe that, and said they would have gone crazy without it. But we so seldom give ourselves permission to log out and not check messages or respond to people that it's nice when that decision is taken out of our hands. It was nice to know that nobody could get to me and bother me.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:43 AM

14,699 posts, read 8,490,820 times
I like flying the Alaska commuter planes. But they seat 9 passengers max so nothing goes through security and the pilots are laid back, cocky guys who are really fun. However, weight is so important even the humans get on the scale. There is a huge difference between commuter flights and commercial.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:45 AM

3,905 posts, read 3,585,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I hate it, lol.

I hate the lines. I hate being cramped. I hate being in close quarters with people.
I love airline food. No really, I do. I love getting a little tray with everything you need right there.

Of course, I don't fly often.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:54 AM

15,735 posts, read 26,780,942 times
I love flying. Love getting in the plane. Love everything about it. Prefer the left seat but I will take the right seat if I have to. Favorite brand a plane is Mooney. Although it only seats four. Still it is fast for what you get.

Earlier this year we flew commercial from LAX to JFK and that was even awesome. Love the whole airport experience. We flew Jet Blue and loved it. It is not what I remember about commercial flying. Lots of room in the cabin, plenty of room between the seats. Love having my own TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or