U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:50 PM

9,519 posts, read 13,433,244 times

Advertisements

The common denominator seems to be the mini bar ….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 07:25 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,194,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
There was also another woman who was brutally attacked in DR ( different resort). She claims she was attacked by a resort employee, held for 8 hours and was left in a maintenance room of some sorts. I donít have the link handy, I read it on FB, but a quick google will find it.
I just read about this the other day...that story was horrific.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
SOME FACTS:

She is an insurance agent.
tried to extort 2 million out the hotel.
When released from the clinic stayed in the hotel (yes the same hotel!!) for more days. lol
the police thinks the husband did it. and she tried to cover him up.
refused to file charges.
rape kit came negative.
all employees where accounted for during the alleged attack.
all employees at that time where mostly women and the men whereabouts were established.

Her story is just too convenient.

she never saw the man face
but she saw the hotel logo in the uniform( an smart way to pin the attack to the hotel for liability purposes)
no one saw anything (in a full hotel in high season)
No rape (no dna)
no fingerprints.
left the hotel room alone to find something to eat in a hotel with full room service.

Most likely scenario: the husband got drunk and bit her up she ran away and hid in the storage unit. where she passed out just to be found hours later.
to avoid her husband to go to prison in DR she invented the hole story and refused to file charges.
saw everybody believed her story and as insurance agent saw the opportunity to cash out.
when the extortion failed she came "public"

soooo

that story is bogus to say the least.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...-m/1365388001/

Interesting...

Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 AM

https://people.com/crime/police-find...ican-republic/

^It seems like there wasn't much press about the above couple that died...maybe I just haven't seen more news on the outcome, but why was the female's body found outside of the vehicle?

Old 06-13-2019, 08:14 AM

5,515 posts, read 17,672,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
https://people.com/crime/police-find...ican-republic/

^It seems like there wasn't much press about the above couple that died...maybe I just haven't seen more news on the outcome, but why was the female's body found outside of the vehicle?
They were both drunk and speeding on narrow dark highway that was located on a mountain side, and unfortunately swerved off the road. I'm assuming she wasn't wearing a seat belt so she was ejected from the vehicle, as the vehicle fell down the mountain and into the water.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:54 AM

991 posts, read 345,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
The common denominator seems to be the mini bar ….

Interesting. I noticed that too.

I wonder if someone from the factory or distributor is tampering with the alcohol. It seems rather odd, almost all of these people had an alcoholic drink from their hotel mini bar prior to their unexplained death.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:57 AM

991 posts, read 345,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
SOME FACTS:

She is an insurance agent.
tried to extort 2 million out the hotel.
When released from the clinic stayed in the hotel (yes the same hotel!!) for more days. lol
the police thinks the husband did it. and she tried to cover him up.
refused to file charges.
rape kit came negative.
all employees where accounted for during the alleged attack.
all employees at that time where mostly women and the men whereabouts were established.

Her story is just too convenient.

she never saw the man face
but she saw the hotel logo in the uniform( an smart way to pin the attack to the hotel for liability purposes)
no one saw anything (in a full hotel in high season)
No rape (no dna)
no fingerprints.
left the hotel room alone to find something to eat in a hotel with full room service.

Most likely scenario: the husband got drunk and bit her up she ran away and hid in the storage unit. where she passed out just to be found hours later.
to avoid her husband to go to prison in DR she invented the hole story and refused to file charges.
saw everybody believed her story and as insurance agent saw the opportunity to cash out.
when the extortion failed she came "public"

soooo

that story is bogus to say the least.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...-m/1365388001/
Authorities could easily identifying the bite marks if it was the husband. A rape kit was not done. Also, it is much easier to identify a familiar uniform vs a face when you are attacked from behind. The photographs of her injuries are evidence of a a brutal attack. Her injuries are more extensive than the hotel's claim of a broken fingernail and bruises on her face.

Do you work for the hotel?

Last edited by AnnaGWS; 06-13-2019 at 11:09 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 05:35 PM

5,677 posts, read 8,588,145 times
I went to DR many years ago and it's one of my most favorite countries i've been to. I spend some time in Punta Cana then headed to Santo Domingo, across the island to Puerto Plata and Cabarete. Amazing place! Loved the geography, culture and people!

As for what is happening there now, as someone else said, it's 6 people out of millions who visit and this could be linked to a single bad actor in that area - could happen anywhere.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:46 AM

9,521 posts, read 9,399,709 times
Could these deaths be just a series of coincidences, nothing out of the ordinary, and the media is creating a panic just for ratings?

Old 06-16-2019, 10:47 AM

71,463 posts, read 71,629,249 times
our kids were scheduled to go tomorrow but are now going to the Bahamas instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or