U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 06:31 AM

5,960 posts, read 2,900,287 times

Advertisements

Walking along in downtown Lisboa stumbled upon German Swollen Leg Beggar Guy. I was so excited I was tempted to go ask for his autograph.

Backstory = He's seen all over the world begging, and is vilified (and actually banned) from Thailand for using money raised by sympathetic Thais to help him get home instead blowing it partying in Pattaya. Apparently his Facebook page details a fine life of travel and good times. I'd recently read he was spanging in Osaka so was surprised to run across him in Europe.

Article on him = https://tinyurl.com/yxjdnth4
and = https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Thailand.html
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 10:43 AM

30,347 posts, read 27,813,397 times
Default While on the British Isles trip in Dublin.

Interestingly I just returned a couple of weeks ago May 27th from a trip to the British Isles, while walking the streets of Dublin I noticed for the first time a man sitting on the sidewalk leaning back against the building with one large leg outstretched; there might have been a couple of deformed toes but Iím not sure about that part of the observation as I walked by. He appeared (as I best I remember) to look very much like Benjamin Holst pictured in the OP's post.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or