U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 09:16 PM

9,074 posts, read 8,340,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Was it like that in August?

When we went to Glacier 3 years ago, we kept hearing how crowded it would be, how we would need to get their early and take the shuttle everywhere... But once we were there, it really wasn't that bad. We'd stay in the park all day and by 5-6pm, it felt like we had the whole park to ourselves. We did one hike midday where we rarely came across other people. We kept thinking we were lost and must have gone off trail, but nope.

I haven't been to Banff or Jasper, but desperately want to go. I was considering going in early August next year since that time of the year was perfect for Glacier. I hate being out in nature with hoards of people, but want to go at a time when it's still nice enough to enjoy everything.
Yes, it was the end of August. We were coming back from Jasper and thought we'd stop by for a look but changed our minds once we learned we'd have to find a spot to park in the traffic jam and then take a shuttle. It wasn't worth the aggravation for someplace we'd already seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or