U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
 
101 posts, read 267,856 times
Reputation: 42

Advertisements

Greeting all

I’d love to share this amazing video showing my hometown (ALBAHA), located south of Saudi Arabia.



YouTube - …†اظر ج…Š„ة …† ا„با*ة


Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 AM
 
4,899 posts, read 16,619,354 times
Reputation: 3822
beautiful! i didnt realized it snowed there--learn something every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 09:21 AM
 
101 posts, read 267,856 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
beautiful! i didnt realized it snowed there--learn something every day

The nice weather and the beautiful veiws located south of the Kingdom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,425 posts, read 44,638,509 times
Reputation: 10382
I dont care how beautiful it is there. The way you treat your women turns my stomach upside down. I know plenty about your country. My sister lived there on contract work for 8 years. 2 times her contract was up and your Govt asked her to stay while offering her more money that she could not refuse.

She lived on a US Military compound as she called it which gave her some sense of normalcy from what she had to endure every time she left those protective walls. I understand every country has their customs and ways and no one should put down others because they are different from their own. But I have been told stories that would make any civilized person want to start swinging fists.

I know things that will never be published or put on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2008, 05:41 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,696,214 times
Reputation: 2700
Beautiful scenery!
I was not surprised to see snow there.
The nature scenes are really pretty....and mountain views and range are so majestic looking.
Beautiful country, indeed.

(Hint: and that's ALL we discuss here....the country and nature site, and the video made therof...NOT the customs this country has!)

Last edited by MB2; 05-08-2008 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 12:57 AM
 
101 posts, read 267,856 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I dont care how beautiful it is there. The way you treat your women turns my stomach upside down. I know plenty about your country. My sister lived there on contract work for 8 years. 2 times her contract was up and your Govt asked her to stay while offering her more money that she could not refuse.

She lived on a US Military compound as she called it which gave her some sense of normalcy from what she had to endure every time she left those protective walls. I understand every country has their customs and ways and no one should put down others because they are different from their own. But I have been told stories that would make any civilized person want to start swinging fists.

I know things that will never be published or put on TV.

If any women complain to you about the treament she got in SA, then you can post something regarding the subject!

And if your sister lived there for almost nine years, certinly the native Saudi women will live there for life time!


thanks to you and I hope from you to comment something talking about the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,696,214 times
Reputation: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwajm View Post
If any women complain to you about the treament she got in SA, then you can post something regarding the subject!

And if your sister lived there for almost nine years, certinly the native Saudi women will live there for life time!


thanks to you and I hope from you to comment something talking about the subject.
No need to address that again, since this thread's subject is self explanatory.
This thread is dedicated for you to show us the beauty of your country, and get us an "insight look"
A job well done, by the way.
Please continue to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 AM
 
101 posts, read 267,856 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
No need to address that again, since this thread's subject is self explanatory.
This thread is dedicated for you to show us the beauty of your country, and get us an "insight look"
A job well done, by the way.
Please continue to post.

Thanks 4 ur comment, and sure I will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 08:32 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,696,214 times
Reputation: 2700
Very good!
I, for one, would love to see more of the nature, country, building structures and such of your country.
(Views most people don't necessarily see.)
I am very interested and curious about ALL OTHER COUNTRIES...no matter where they are.
I applaud you for the decision to continue to post, and to "open our eyes" a bit, of what this great world has to offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 06:55 AM
 
5,823 posts, read 10,150,738 times
Reputation: 4531
desertsun has a point; how can one enjoy this scenery as a foreign visitor if one is obliged to dress up with a scarf or even a burqa (down in Yemen) when one is a woman, and wear tons of clothing for both sexes (so-call preservation of "modesty") instead of comfortable and light Western outfits in the mostly hot desert weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top