U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:26 PM

12,291 posts, read 18,409,613 times

Advertisements

It's hard to classify this post, it defenetly has nothing to do with vacation horror stories, it's unclassifiable. The OP should really change the title to "tell your bizzare story from a bizzare poster" . It sounds like something you made up after an LSD trip. This really gets the award for POST OF THE MONTH I think, I was entertained by its strangeness.

And the QUOTE OF THE MONTH? below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
Her taco smelled like a moldy cabbage. .
Since the entire original post is obviously BS I will let the mods determine if they need to keep it on. I vote keep it on for it's entertainment value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 PM

2,178 posts, read 4,846,287 times
I stayed at the Venetian in Vegas during the 4th of July holiday week.

Horror on many levels. Unbelievable crowds from the whole planet, rude & unable to queue up nicely, elbow to elbow people everywhere without relent... Saw the creepy hand outs that I naively held on to at first... Saw the disparity of whose grounds are clean & whose are dirty: around the Venetian it seems there's a glass wall to keep the leaflet people out & there's nary a piece of litter on the Venetian side of the street. HOT as HADES in JULY: don't do it.

On the UP side: I didn't forget - but I almost left my luggage at the airport. The shuttle bus to the hotel must have taken the long way: delightful tour of downtown for free, sort of! I met my half sister there for the first time. I saw the Blue Man Group with my daughter. I got to fight the Venetian over the excessive cost of a run down room & got a small refund. Ate breakfast in for one time. *I love room service*

Kate

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 10-05-2009 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: queue *L*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or