U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 AM

28,218 posts, read 47,632,920 times

Advertisements

NEW YORK - A New York City man is suing JetBlue Airways Corp. for more than $2 million because he says a pilot made him give up his seat to a flight attendant and sit on the toilet for more than three hours on a flight from California.

N.Y. man sues airline over flight spent on toilet - News - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 PM

1,854 posts, read 8,746,060 times
I'm having a hard time with this one. If it happened exactly like the man claims, (I say that with a big IF) three people will be fired. They are the pilot, the flight attendant, and the person that gave him the buddy pass.

This is why I don't give away my buddy passes. Friends can get an employee in trouble very easily.

I still have a hard time believing that a flight attendant would complain about the comfort of her jumpseat. She makes her living riding in that seat every day. I wasn't there though, and people have been known to do a lot dumber things.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:48 PM

398 posts, read 1,164,210 times
What would the pilot be doing out of his cockpit 90 minutes into a flight? I know that flight attendants aren't working the whole time, but I've flown jetBlue exclusively for years and I know that they are up and down the aisles for most of the flight. So, why would she need a seat anyway?

But, if all of this is true, then the pilot and flight attendant should be fired.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 12,425,646 times
I'm not buying this one either. I think it's some idiot fishing for insurance money or money from the company.

It also strikes me as an article the NY Times would like to publish.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:15 PM

6,021 posts, read 13,550,951 times
this sounds like a load of crap (pun intended!). if the flight was so full that this incident happened, they should be able to produce at least one witness. and, I'm having trouble believing the rest of the flight crew would have allowed this.

if this is true, then not only should these people be fired, but charges should be filed. if the plane had hit serious turbulence, that passenger could have been seriously injured. I'm sure there's some type of rule that states all passengers must be belted in during certain parts of the flight. Jet Blue's image could be hurt as well

IDK, I'm waiting to see if any 3rd party witnesses step forward or there's some other proof before believing this story (and if, for some reason, there is no proof, no witnesses, I just can't see how this lawsuit could go through at all)

Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 PM

25,671 posts, read 24,312,431 times
Something wierd about that story. I dont know of an airline that would seat you in a bathroom...how are the passengers suppose to put on their seat belts before takeoff or reach for an oxygen mask in the event of an emergency?

Old 05-15-2008, 12:18 AM

2,003 posts, read 4,397,990 times
Default jetblue employees pass riders lack class

I think this story is a load of BS as well. This is just a blackmail lawsuit attempting to get money out of jetblue. The extorter was so cheap that he did not even buy a ticket, he was riding on a buddy pass. Jetblue should suspend all buddy pass privileges in light of this incident. Their employees do not have the class required to respect the privilege of free travel for themselves and friends. One time I was on jetblue and two buddy pass riders in full on thug outfits complete with doo-rags called the gate agent a b-i-t-c-h because they were bumped off a second flight of the day in Las Vegas on Sunday. They did not understand the concept of a free standby ride. If jetblue employees are extending the privilege to people like this they do not deserve the privilege. Free riders should not verbally abuse workers or sue the airline providing the free ride.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 PM

115 posts, read 403,037 times
I'd say the employee was planning on taking a cut of the money or they sold the pass without evening knowing who this person was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or