U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM

821 posts, read 1,799,352 times

Advertisements

oops, have to add Morocco also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:07 AM

11 posts, read 16,395 times
India

Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 PM

1,512 posts, read 7,265,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineee View Post
I am searching for a place nice,exotic, not to expensive and safe for going in vacation. I am sure that there are a lot of . Any suggestion
Brazil.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:59 AM

359 posts, read 556,178 times
Tioman Island. Just to the east of the Malay peninsular. Cheap, beautiful and a snorkelling paradise. Where the film 'South Pacific' was made. Get there by ferry and pick one of 4 or 5 beach resorts.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 AM

10,478 posts, read 13,858,503 times
Malaysia is super inexpensive, I was in Penang a couple years ago & I was continually astounded at how cheap food was. Also bargain for merchandise when you're there...it helps if you know someone who is a native. The place I'm looking to go to next is Little Corn Island in Nicaragua. There's a place to stay called Derek's Place, private huts just like Robinson Crusoe for about $45./night. No roads, fresh fish everyday....sounds like heaven.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:01 AM

13,877 posts, read 25,302,878 times
Tahiti or Figi.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM

4,085 posts, read 7,666,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineee View Post
I am searching for a place nice,exotic, not to expensive and safe for going in vacation. I am sure that there are a lot of . Any suggestion
It's hard to say without hearing your idea of "not too expensive". A $3000 trip to the Far East is "not too expensive" considering what you get in return. People have suggested places like Peru, Thailand, Malaysia, etc. which, to me, are expensive trips just by virtue of the high airfare alone.

For a truly inexpensive, exotic vacation from the US the most obvious choice, I think, is Mexico. Airfares are cheap, it's close-by, lodging and activities and attractions are cheap, weather is near perfect, food and service are cheap and very good.

The Caribbean would be another good choice although I get the feeling the less expensive areas of the Caribbean are also over-touristy, whereas in Mexico it's easy to go off the beaten path and find some interesting things like Axtec or Mayan ruins.

Of course, if you can afford double or triple the airfare, and more traveling time, you can visit the other destinations in Asia, South Americ, or the Middle East.

Personally, if I were able to go anywhere, it would probably be the Middle East - Jerusalem, Egypt, Jordan, Cyprus, and Beirut. But I don't think it would be inexpensive. If I were worried about expense I'd definitely go to Mexico.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:08 AM

2 posts, read 3,608 times
There are actually a lot of places where you can go to. it just depends on what place you're looking for. Exotic places? Hmmm...maybe check out a Web Hotels Travel Blog, maybe that could help.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:43 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,119,307 times
French Polynesia is very safe, exotic and is awesome! You didn't list a specific price range so I don't know if it fits your budget or not. We spent a lot of money but my wife likes to stay in really nice places so our trip may have been more expensive than it needed to be.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:57 AM

3 posts, read 20,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
I'll third Peru. We spent 4 days at a lodge in the Amazon for less than $300 each (includes food, room, and tours). There are several lodges that run programs out of Cusco, or you can fly to whatever area you want. We were in Tambopata (Puerto Maldonado), but I've heard that Manu is amazing. We skipped Lima on others' advice, since we were limited in time and budget, but our trip was fantastic. It was 11 days, hit the Amazon, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca, and I think overall spent just under $2k each (including food, hotels, fees, airfare, transportation, and souveneirs). For Machu Picchu, make sure to stay a night in Aguas Calientes, otherwise you'll only have 2-3 hours to spend in MP itself. You'll really get to explore the ruins if you spend the night. You can also try for a chance to climb Waynapicchu. My friend was there around the same time and stayed on Isla del Sol on the Bolivian side of Lake Titicaca, which he really recommended.

It takes effort, but I'd also plan your trip on your own, or find someone who can customize your trip. I wasn't satisfied with any of the set tours that I found, and most were much more expensive than what we were able to put together ourselves. There was research involved, but nothing we couldn't throw together in less than 3 months.
It's true, it takes you time to plan it but it's worth the whole trip, peru is one of the few countries where you can find such a variety of climates and places to visit all of them telling a story...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or