U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM

15 posts, read 36,031 times

Advertisements

I am searching for a place nice,exotic, not to expensive and safe for going in vacation. I am sure that there are a lot of . Any suggestion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 08:40 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,967,539 times
Thailand is downright cheap. You can cross over to Ankgor Wat. Stay out of Europe. No bargains here.

It all depends on what you consider not too expensive and/or exotic.

Depending on how you travel, you can do a 15k vacation for 3k if you are careful.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:52 PM

3,674 posts, read 7,201,996 times
My wife & do a week in Kauai (we stay in a 2 BR condo isdtead of a motel) for about $2,200.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 PM

Here's a site that lists "8 cheap & exotic vacations".

8 exotic but cheap vacations - MSN Money

Old 05-19-2008, 11:26 PM

3,874 posts, read 11,581,885 times
Peru --
Lima for the spectacular food and bustling Peruvian-Spanish-style life and buildings.
Cusco for the mixture of Andean Indian culture everywhere and a few tourists, and more sensational food.
The Sacred Valley (Pisaq, Chinchero, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo), between Cusco and Machu Picchu, for the picture of how the indigenous people live, and for the wonderful markets where glorious woven goods and other items, direct from the people who make them, are much lower in price than they'd be in Lima.
Machu Picchu -- what can I say? a sacred place, in the cloud forest up in the Andes.
And all of it in the footsteps of the extraordinary Inca influence which changed the western hemisphere.

Peru is an experience of a lifetime.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:57 AM

845 posts, read 1,838,799 times
I also agree with Thailand and also Malaysia. Airfare to get there is pretty expensive but once you are there it is dirt cheap. You can get full course meals for $5, get massages for $10, and stay in 4 star hotels for $60-$70 a night. Also in Malaysia they have a train service and you can ride unlimited around the country for about $50. They also have a lot of dicount airlines in SE Asia so you can easily travel to different countries. Be sure to check the saftey record of some of the airlines. And the beaches and jungles there are some of the most beautiful in the world.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgator View Post
I also agree with Thailand and also Malaysia. Airfare to get there is pretty expensive but once you are there it is dirt cheap. You can get full course meals for $5, get massages for $10, and stay in 4 star hotels for $60-$70 a night. Also in Malaysia they have a train service and you can ride unlimited around the country for about $50. They also have a lot of dicount airlines in SE Asia so you can easily travel to different countries. Be sure to check the saftey record of some of the airlines. And the beaches and jungles there are some of the most beautiful in the world.
Yeah, what kind of "massages"?

Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 AM

3 posts, read 18,609 times
why don't you go to peru??? It is an ancient country full of history and rich in customs, you can either go to the jungle or the coast or the mountains. In each of these three you will find many places to visit and adventures to begin...

You will be arriving first to Lima the capital it's very modern but still retains its customs making it a lovely city.

If you decideto go to the coast can go to Puerto Inca or north Piura, Mancora, Punta Sal, where you will enjoy perfect waves for surfing and you can taste typical dishes of the north based mostly on seafood. You can as well appreciate the Marinera a northern typical dance.
Cusco for the mixture of Andean Indian culture everywhere and a few tourists, and more sensational food.

The jungle you will visit iquitos and the amazon were nature embraces you with its breathtaking vegetation and animals.

The mountains you'll go to Puno, Arequipa (Colca Canyon place, the deepest in the world) and Cusco (the navel of the world and city of the Incas), discover the history behind Machu Picchu Tours

Peru is the greatest adventure!

you'll love it!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:30 PM

3,218 posts, read 7,739,516 times
I'll third Peru. We spent 4 days at a lodge in the Amazon for less than $300 each (includes food, room, and tours). There are several lodges that run programs out of Cusco, or you can fly to whatever area you want. We were in Tambopata (Puerto Maldonado), but I've heard that Manu is amazing. We skipped Lima on others' advice, since we were limited in time and budget, but our trip was fantastic. It was 11 days, hit the Amazon, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca, and I think overall spent just under $2k each (including food, hotels, fees, airfare, transportation, and souveneirs). For Machu Picchu, make sure to stay a night in Aguas Calientes, otherwise you'll only have 2-3 hours to spend in MP itself. You'll really get to explore the ruins if you spend the night. You can also try for a chance to climb Waynapicchu. My friend was there around the same time and stayed on Isla del Sol on the Bolivian side of Lake Titicaca, which he really recommended.

It takes effort, but I'd also plan your trip on your own, or find someone who can customize your trip. I wasn't satisfied with any of the set tours that I found, and most were much more expensive than what we were able to put together ourselves. There was research involved, but nothing we couldn't throw together in less than 3 months.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 PM

821 posts, read 1,303,796 times
Bali
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel