Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 06:56 PM

52 posts, read 278,459 times

Advertisements

Looking to purchase an international calling card from the U.S. to Europe.(England) I've never purchased one before and know nothing about them. There are so many to chose from and I'm confused as to which one to use? Has anyone used or heard of Pingo? If so, your experiences/thoughts would be greatly appreciated along w/any other recommendations for calling cards.
Feeling totally out of the loop here.
Thank-you for your time and help in advance.
Sincerely,
EmptyNest4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 07:11 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,860,953 times
I'm in Australia and I've not heard of Pingo but that might just be because they don't have them around where I am.

Anyway, I purchase a $10AU phone card with Hello Europe every month or so. It gives me 1200 minutes and I can call the US and Canada and Europe (obviously ) although I have only called the US and Canada with them so far.

I'm not sure if Hello Europe phone cards are available outside of Australia but I've found them really useful and surprisingly easy to use and economical.

There's a lot of number crunching into the phone required but they're very consistent and reliable AND they're saving me a fortune on International calls. Between them and Messenger IM computer to computer calls I get to speak to America every day, often twice a day.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 PM

52 posts, read 278,459 times
Thanks moonshadow! I'll check their website and see what I can find.

A $10AU phone card that gives you 1200 minutes sounds great! I'll crunch as money numbers as needed to save that kind of money.

Again, thank-you for your time and great advice. You've been very helpful.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:57 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,860,953 times
No worries.

I'm glad if it helped some.

I know that when MM calls me from the US he uses a different card and I don't think it has as good a deal as I get with Hello Europe.

I'll let him know about your thread and maybe he can came tell you about his card?

Old 05-02-2009, 04:52 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,421,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNest4 View Post
Looking to purchase an international calling card from the U.S. to Europe.(England) I've never purchased one before and know nothing about them. There are so many to chose from and I'm confused as to which one to use? Has anyone used or heard of Pingo? If so, your experiences/thoughts would be greatly appreciated along w/any other recommendations for calling cards.
Feeling totally out of the loop here.
Thank-you for your time and help in advance.
Sincerely,
EmptyNest4
Hello! I looked at Pingo's website and the rate to the U.K. is 2 cents/min, London is 1.8 cents/min. These rates are better than what I have which is Verizon.

Calling cards are easy to use, you simply follow the prompts. Dial their access number followed by the pin thats on your card then 011 + 44 +area code + local number. Once you dial your numbers, a voice will tell you the rate and how many minutes left on your card. Pingo International Calling Cards

Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM

86 posts, read 325,534 times
Onesuite calling card service has similar low rates both for local and international calls. It also comes with useful features like pinless dialing and online phone book access to minimize the digits you have to dial on your phone.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 4,663 times
Are you Looking to purchase an international calling card than try this TalkLoop is a prepaid phone card service provider selling prepaid international calling cards and long distance phone cards by using the latest technologies to connect you with your loved ones at cheap rates.
Please use/post coupon code "HOTCARD09" so that customers can get upto $2.5 extra bonus credit for signing up as part of talkloop.com summer promotional campaign.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM

43,303 posts, read 43,968,623 times
Some calling cards give better rates for a particular country. So depending where you are calling to you might want to check out which card to buy.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,577,260 times
More important than the per-minute rate is the connection charge. If the card charges a dollar to connect and two cents a minute, your half-hour call will cost $1.60, and not the expected 60c.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,896 times
Default which phone cards to buy online.

I mean there are lots of phone card websites but not all that best, I recommend you Epincall calling cards, always check the rates and fees, try $5 phone card first see if you like it and then buy more, I use phone card from epincall for $5 almost for a month and no fees. Always read details when you see phone cards list, and use search box to make sure you ca use it to call the country you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel