Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 08:29 AM

2,543 posts, read 2,865,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
I'm very anxious about my own situation. My renewal is for my first passport as an adult. Had my child passport expire over 10 years ago.

Here's my timeline so far:

6/24 - Submitted Application with Expedited Service
6/28 - Application Received

Now as of 7/13, the status is still "In Process", which seems typical.

I'm traveling internationally on 8/7 and I'm aware I'm cutting things very close by relying on things to manifest within the early part of the estimated 5-7 week window.

Has anyone used the National Passport Information Center to assist when they've gotten within 2 weeks of their travel date and haven't received a passport yet?
Just got an update that my passport was approved overnight. I should expect to receive it early next week.

I'm over the moon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 12:56 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Nice CE, I was getting anxiety just from reading some of these posts.

Enjoy your trip!

Old 07-18-2022, 06:54 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
I have to get mine expedited for an emergency trip. I called for an appointment but they said you have to call at 8 am and hope they answer so they can set up appointment. We have to travel in 3 weeks. The plan was next year, but my wife’s mother is dying. I didn’t realized my passport expired a couple of months ago.

Old 07-18-2022, 05:59 PM

2,543 posts, read 2,865,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Nice CE, I was getting anxiety just from reading some of these posts.

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks! I received it in the mail today.

It was officially 25 days from application submission to obtainment.

Old 08-02-2022, 03:13 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
My passport took exactly 6 weeks for renewal. Regular mail.
Question to those who recently got their passport renewed AND requested their old passport back.
Did you get it back?? How - separate mail? How long after receiving the new/renewed passport?
I requested mine back. Only new passport came although they could attach the old one in the same mail.
I am disappointed. So far I got ALL my old passports back.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:09 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
My passport took exactly 6 weeks for renewal. Regular mail.
Question to those who recently got their passport renewed AND requested their old passport back.
Did you get it back?? How - separate mail? How long after receiving the new/renewed passport?
I requested mine back. Only new passport came although they could attach the old one in the same mail.
I am disappointed. So far I got ALL my old passports back.
The passport is assembled at a different location in a different state than the place you mail your passport renewal to. (I had to redo the photo and get it sent to the other place) The old one will eventually show up with the hole punch in the corner but there doesn’t seem to be as much rush to get the old one back as there is to get the new one out.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:19 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
So, they still send them back. Good news! Thank you!

Old 08-03-2022, 02:13 PM

336 posts, read 575,247 times
I got my passport in 5 weeks. It took another week to get the old one back.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:35 PM

7,888 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Wife and I let our passports lapse as in did not renew it a few years back when health issues indicated we would not travel outside the US. But health is better so I plan to get the process going now though w have no specific travel plans but a desire to fly to Mexico next year. Any guidance for me on timing etc

Old 08-04-2022, 02:12 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Wife and I let our passports lapse as in did not renew it a few years back when health issues indicated we would not travel outside the US. But health is better so I plan to get the process going now though w have no specific travel plans but a desire to fly to Mexico next year. Any guidance for me on timing etc
There’s no reason not to apply now- turnaround time seems to be moderately quicker than the official State department guidelines and since a passport is valid for ten years, you then have a big time frame to find a great deal on the Mexico trip without having to worry if your passport application will get turned around in time for the trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel