Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 12:41 PM

82 posts, read 377,672 times

Advertisements

I'm going to cancun next week from NYC.
I have a 2 yr old at home and I want to call her up every night to check up on her. Can i buy phone cards from U.S and use it in mexico?????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 05:45 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
You can but keep in mind that the minutes on the cards are US minutes. They go fast in Mexico. The phone rates there are outrageous. When we went to Mexico we had my dad call us vs us calling him. He used our cell phones and since he was in our home area the calls were free. You can also check with your cell phone provider to see if your plan works in Mexico, if not, have them add international calling for the time you will be there if you need to call.

Just a tip--often it is harder on the kids if you call them every night. We found this out on various trips we took. Usually if we called the night before we came back it was much easier on the kids. Now that they are older we don't call at all and they call us if they need to .

Old 05-27-2008, 06:05 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1 View Post
I'm going to cancun next week from NYC.
I have a 2 yr old at home and I want to call her up every night to check up on her. Can i buy phone cards from U.S and use it in mexico?????????????
Our children all are in Cozumel this week and they purchased a phone card in Mexico and have called nightly!!! The Children look forward to that few minutes with their parents. I have learned that there is a reason God made us parents at a young age and not at my age.

Hope you have a great time in Cancun. We love it there!!! One piece of advice, when they ask you if you want to do this or that and they will give you this or that to see a time share just respond that you are definitely not interested and be positive about it when you speak!!! They really will drive you crazy!!!

Wish I were going to Cancun too!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,452 times
Default Cancun Friend

HI FROM CANCUN!
YOU CAN USE THE PHONE CARD FROM YOUR COUNTRY BUT I THINK SO IS BETTER IF DO YOU BAY CARD HERE BECAUSE USA CARD YOU CAN USE ONLY IN A SPECIFIC PUBLIC PHONE.
AND IF DO YOU NEED TRANSPORTATION TO YOUR HOTE VISET MI WEB SITE www.jeromitransfers.com

Old 04-23-2009, 02:14 AM

351 posts, read 1,873,897 times
If you're taking your laptop computer, just use Skype. It's dirt cheap for phone calls, and free if you're calling a computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel