Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:53 PM

195 posts, read 648,391 times

Advertisements

Stockholm in Sweden, Northern Europe is very nice capital and city in Europe. Specially during the summer when the days are long, (over 18 hours of dayligt) with comfortable warm temperatures during the day with comfortable cool evenings with LOW HUMIDITY!!

The City has everything, nice people, very good food, shopping and it's cheap....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 01:05 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,227,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
Stockholm in Sweden, Northern Europe is very nice capital and city in Europe. Specially during the summer when the days are long, (over 18 hours of dayligt) with comfortable warm temperatures during the day with comfortable cool evenings with LOW HUMIDITY!!

The City has everything, nice people, very good food, shopping and it's cheap....
Is it cheap? I got mixed signals. My buddy came back from there last week. He said it was reasonable. Then he said it was 3.5€ for abottle of water in a store.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:16 PM

195 posts, read 648,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Is it cheap? I got mixed signals. My buddy came back from there last week. He said it was reasonable. Then he said it was 3.5€ for abottle of water in a store.
The water is free in Sweden, and 100% clean and is avaible everywhere in all sink... no filtered needed. So how come your friend said the water cost in Sweden? Maybe he's dreaming. For the second, Sweden does not use Euro.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
The only water I ever found in the store there was the sparkling water.

The water is clean but sometimes, ok quite often, I like to carry it around, not stop at someones sink and ask if I can put my mouth under it.

With that though, I usually just by a bottle of sparkling water, dump it out, and fill it up where ever the nearest fresh water source is and keep the bottle with me the whole time I am there.

I love what the Turks cook up in Sweden, I could gobble that food down all day, which is what I usually do. The beer is great, love the 10% stuff, when I want to get drunk, I want to get drunk!

I did not find Stockholm any more or less expensive on average than any other comparable European city.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:04 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,318,110 times
I also like Stockholm during summer.
Anyone who likes the sun should head north to the land of the midnight sun where we have daylight 24/7.
Confused foreigners are walking the streets in the middle of the night wondering why there´s no people out.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:48 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,644,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I also like Stockholm during summer.
Anyone who likes the sun should head north to the land of the midnight sun where we have daylight 24/7.
Confused foreigners are walking the streets in the middle of the night wondering why there´s no people out.
Big, are you trying to lure people up north? Stay in the south, that's where all the fun is!

Ok, really, as a former Stockholmare, I agree that Stockholm is an extremely beautiful city, especially in the summer with all the parks, clean streets and all the water. Think Venice, because Stockholm is built on 13 islands- you see water almost everywhere you are!

Talking about water: you can buy any kind of water in the stores- sparkling or neutral, and the price depends on what brand you buy, if it's cold or not when you buy it and what size the bottle is.
And the tap water is cleaner than anywhere else in the world, so it's totally ok to drink (I just don't, because I hate plain water. It should be sparkling)

My time to ask a question: when people say "this place is cheap" or "this place is expensive", what kind of "products" etc are they talking about/comparing?
I mean, you can find expensive things everywhere and cheap things everywhere, it all depends on where you shop and what or where one stays (e.g. a hotel).
Is it all subjective or can one really generalize like that?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:08 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
I looked all over the dang place for normal water! Guessed I missed it.

I determine if its expensive by how much it costs to go out and get drunk and eat, thats about it. I stay with friends when i am there so i have no idea about hotel prices though one time I did stay in the SAS radisson next to the train station for $80 in 2002.

I would love to live in either Gavle or Hudiksville, I would just about do anything to live in either one of those towns.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:02 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,318,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Big, are you trying to lure people up north? Stay in the south, that's where all the fun is!
Yes,I am.
Stockholm is in many ways a wonderful city,but there´s so much more.
Those who says swedes are nice people have mostly been to Stockholm only.
Learn to know a northerner where the people are really nice.
We are very humble too.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM

2 posts, read 4,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Stockholm is in many ways a wonderful city,but there´s so much more.
I agree with you BigSwede, there are many beautiful cities and places in sweden that you should experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Ok, really, as a former Stockholmare, I agree that Stockholm is an extremely beautiful city, especially in the summer with all the parks, clean streets and all the water. Think Venice, because Stockholm is built on 13 islands- you see water almost everywhere you are!
I'm also a former Stockholmare, and I totally agree with you Sweden, Stockholm is beautiful and I love the reference to Venice. It is a shame that we don't have those boat-thingys, but it's lovely to sail in Skärgården - especially during summer nights.

It is a wonderful experience to explore the city by foot or through the new concept with renting bicycles.

Last edited by Zunilda; 06-24-2008 at 08:40 AM..

Old 06-26-2008, 10:48 PM

8 posts, read 25,950 times
I went to Stockholm a few years back and loved it. My family is considering going to stockholm for christmas this year, to prepare for my brother's one year stay in Moscow in 2009. Any suggestions as to whether much will be open at Christmas? (shops, museums)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel