U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:47 AM

366 posts, read 912,780 times

Advertisements

Breezes in the Bahamas was really nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:59 AM

463 posts, read 1,145,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMAMA4 View Post
Breezes in the Bahamas was really nice.
Thanks...but you have to be at least 14 at Breezes...Our son is only 9.
So we are looking for a family destination.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:42 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,179,061 times
If your son is 9 and you want to do more than just scuba diving, Belize is ideal as there are quite a few interestinga alternative activities, from the Belize zoo to the Baboon Sanctuary. Canoing on rivers while watching the iguanas on the trees, etc.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:55 PM

41 posts, read 216,647 times
If you want easy to get to,I would check in to Cozumel or Riviera Maya/Cancun. Research prices at Funjet.com(I just had booked a hotel thru them in Riviera Maya) and then check for reviews of the hotel at the Tripadvisor.com, you will find tons of valuable info there.
You will need passports though.
I think you probably would find a better service at the resorts in Mexico than Jamaica or U.S.Virgin islands (just my opinion, from doing a lot of research and personal experience).

Old 06-09-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka View Post
If you want easy to get to,I would check in to Cozumel or Riviera Maya/Cancun. Research prices at Funjet.com(I just had booked a hotel thru them in Riviera Maya) and then check for reviews of the hotel at the Tripadvisor.com, you will find tons of valuable info there.
You will need passports though.
I think you probably would find a better service at the resorts in Mexico than Jamaica or U.S.Virgin islands (just my opinion, from doing a lot of research and personal experience).
Thanks....I have never had bad service anywhere in the Caribbean. But I haven't been to Mexico in a long time. So maybe the area you suggested would be a good idea. Have fun on your trip !

Old 06-10-2008, 11:05 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,284,037 times
I say BELIZE! I've been to Playa/Riveria Maya, Cancun, Cozemel, Belize, the Bahamas, etc. To be CLOSE to everything for the entire family then Belize is it. It is VERY EASY to get to from Texas (I'm in Dallas) and very reasonable. Laid back, plenty to do that is low stress (rent bikes, hike in the rainforest, ride tubes on the river thru caves in the rainforest, dive). The diving in Belize and in and around the islands of Belize is supposed to be some of THE BEST!!!! You would most likely be staying over on Ambergis Caye which is a small island right off the coast of Belize City. You won't be on the boat for 2 hours at all to get there. When your ready to go diving your not going to have to travel into somewhere either an hour away like you would if you stayed along the Riveria Maya/Playa. The boats to take you diving are RIGHT THERE! As someone else mentioned there is The Blue Hole. I'm not a diver and only snorkel but that thing would scare me (lol - I'm a chicken). My kids are 9 & 13 and we have looked at taking them w/ us to Belize sometime and will at some point. There are soooooo many places we want to go and sooooo little time but Belize is one we WILL go back to SOON! And with the kiddo's. There is one place over on Ambergis that has little huts on the beach for your accomodations (I think several are like this) w/ bicycles right there to go ride around town and such. My kids have seen the pictures of it and they were begging to go. It was just not avaiable for when we could go.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:00 PM

I am really interested in Belize. I was just afraid that it would take forever to get to the resorts.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:07 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,284,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubashawn68 View Post
I am really interested in Belize. I was just afraid that it would take forever to get to the resorts.
Belize Vacations, Tours, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Maps, Real Estate

Belize Visitors Center, Ambergris Caye Travel and Informations

Ambergris Caye, Belize, Getting There

Getting to Belize and then on to Ambergis Caye is EASY!!! As you can see from the links on some if you plan your trip right you can be diving on the day you arrive. From Dallas it is about a 2 1/2 hour flight (2 hr from Houston) and then a short 15 minute flight from Belize City to Ambergis Caye. I actually LIKE and prefer the smaller airports outside of the U.S. as they are smaller and easy to navigate w/o wasting tons of valuable vacation time. Or you can take a water taxi over that is about 45 minutes.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:22 AM

37,152 posts, read 45,694,157 times
We enjoyed a place called Sapphire Beach resort in St. Thomas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel