U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM
rfb

1,889 posts, read 5,182,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeforest4sure View Post
will i be able to put 2 kellogs cereal (unpacked from the box) in my hand luggage and 2 in my daughter's plus 2 cookie boxes.
I know no liquid, but just curious if this will be allowed on board.
You can (and definitely want to) take food with you. You could get trapped in the airport, or (heaven forbid) on the runway for hours. Not likely, but it has happened before.

I've never had any problems bringing food or drink onto the airplane. The "liquid" restrictions only apply to passing through the security check. You can buy drinks (milk, juice, soda, etc.) and food to take on board once you pass the screening area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 PM

2,568 posts, read 5,992,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
You can (and definitely want to) take food with you. You could get trapped in the airport, or (heaven forbid) on the runway for hours. Not likely, but it has happened before.

I've never had any problems bringing food or drink onto the airplane. The "liquid" restrictions only apply to passing through the security check. You can buy drinks (milk, juice, soda, etc.) and food to take on board once you pass the screening area.
Can you buy milk? We take chocolate milk for our 3yo and they let us through security with it. I explain to them that she would have a fit if she doesn't have it. Twice they checked with the supervisor and it was OK. Also juice is specifically allowed in the new rules. Just don't take too much.

Last edited by suzie02; 06-23-2008 at 04:51 PM..

Old 06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
rfb

1,889 posts, read 5,182,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Can you buy milk? We take chocolate milk for our 3yo and they let us through security with it. I explain to them that she would have a fit if she doesn't have it. Twice they checked with the supervisor and it was OK. Also juice is specifically allowed in the new rules. Just don't take too much.
You can buy white milk in my home airport (Raleigh-Durham). I just go to one of the places that serve meals - preferably, one that has muffins and the like. They always seem have bottled milk. It is 2%, which is lower in fat than you would normally give an infant, but good enough for a trip.

I have no idea about chocolate milk - I never tried to buy that.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM

2,568 posts, read 5,992,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
You can buy white milk in my home airport (Raleigh-Durham). I just go to one of the places that serve meals - preferably, one that has muffins and the like. They always seem have bottled milk. It is 2%, which is lower in fat than you would normally give an infant, but good enough for a trip.

I have no idea about chocolate milk - I never tried to buy that.
Oh but that is the kind you have to drink cold. We take the hershey's milk that can last us all day.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:45 AM

115 posts, read 402,961 times
You can bring the Nesquick chocolate powder and buy the milk at the airport then mix it there.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 PM

28 posts, read 73,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeforest4sure View Post
Hello Snazy,just curious and guess you'd know about this as a ticket agent.
will i be able to put 2 kellogs cereal (unpacked from the box) in my hand luggage and 2 in my daughter's plus 2 cookie boxes.
I know no liquid, but just curious if this will be allowed on board.
Hope this is not too late for your trip, I have been away and did not keep up with this post - sorry for delay in answering you question. As long as your carry-on luggage is within the air carriers requirements you should not have any trouble carrying dry food.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:07 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,555,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Stupid question....but what do they do when their ears start popping? How do you teach them to relieve the pressure?
that happened to my son. My kids are twins and at the time they were 1 1/2 years old and it happened to my son. Not much you can do at that age! I was ready to cry!!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 PM

948 posts, read 3,415,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
The problem isn't people like you who try to think ahead when traveling w/ infants. I have a major problem flying when people do absolutely nothing to quiet their babies and it disturbs the whole plane. I thank you for thinking of others. We were recently grounded on the tarmac for an hour an half and there was a infant screaming the whole time. Needless to say it was outright misery for everyone. I do agree w/ others on making sure there is a lot to keep the baby occupied and happy. And your comfort too!....: )

You know what. What do you want us to do? Hit our children. I will tell you a story. I have a 2 year old. If you ever had a 2 year old you would understand what a PAIN IN THE BEHIND it can be. And to fly with one.!!OMG!
I got so frustrated at my son that I grabed his arm hard and almost threw him down on the seat and threaten him that I would threw him off the plane! Am I proud over it. NO! I almost cried! And it doesn't help that the plane is delayed for whatever reason and all of us is stuck on the plane while waiting for takeoff. You think it is misery for you? Count your lucky stars buddy that you are not the parent.

Last edited by redwine; 07-14-2008 at 11:10 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,020 times
Default Help!!!flying and scared

Hey im a young mom flying to florida with my boyfriend and my 8month old Daughter and im sraced to death and so is he so we both are trying to figure out u no if the baby is scared how can we calm her down if we cant calm ourselves down.........plus im going crazy because im worried about what to bring what not to bring im a big mess so please help im worried about my carry on bag the most for my daughter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel