U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 6,552,517 times

Advertisements

THANKS GUYS!

I checked orbitz et al the other websites and they want 330.00 up to 534.00 for a cruddy economy car!

I checked Enterprise and they want 440.00 total for a lousy economy!

It is Florida for god sakes!LOL>>>>>>>>>that is usually the cheapest place to rent too...

There is a car rental called "Payless" car rental but saw HORRIBLE reviews about them..out of 64 reviews only 1 was ok lol! scary...

I will check with my credit cards to for any deals...also some include free travel insurance when renting car...thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,071 posts, read 1,832,468 times
Default Simply wheels by Hertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
THANKS GUYS!

I checked orbitz et al the other websites and they want 330.00 up to 534.00 for a cruddy economy car!

I checked Enterprise and they want 440.00 total for a lousy economy!

It is Florida for god sakes!LOL>>>>>>>>>that is usually the cheapest place to rent too...

There is a car rental called "Payless" car rental but saw HORRIBLE reviews about them..out of 64 reviews only 1 was ok lol! scary...

I will check with my credit cards to for any deals...also some include free travel insurance when renting car...thanks again!
Check this out njsocks. Simply wheels by Hertz got just one location in Orlando, FL https://www.simplywheelz.com/carrent...OnHomepage.jsp You will be pleasantly surpriced. Good luck in your search for a rental car.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:20 PM

740 posts, read 1,841,831 times
Check out also the rental car websites themselves. They do have special offers that may not be advertised on travel sites like Priceline, Orbitz, etc. I got 10% off a Dollar rental (quoted from Expedia) by taking advantage of the "City Special" promotion at the Dollar website.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:25 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,216,755 times
rental places near or on the airport are ripoffs.

There was a rental place right by my old job, nowhere near the airport, and it was a little over $100 a week. That same company was three times that at the airport location.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM

7,185 posts, read 11,227,455 times
Watch yourself with Enterprise. I usually rent a car for 7 days to drive from the Carolina's to the cruise ports in FL. I was pricing cars this week and saw that Enterprise now restricts unlimited mileage to a few surrounding states from here. Mileage charges will now be added onto the bill for going beyond their restricted territory. So, it's bye-bye Enterprise for us.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:17 AM

7,185 posts, read 11,227,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Some places are a lot higher than others. Another tactic in addition to those already suggested is look for a rental agency off the airport. Usually the highest rental prices are at the airport (convenience).
Absolutely true about the airports. I just priced a 7 day rental from CLT airport versus my local agencies and their base rate was about the same. However, the airport rates include approx $100 in fees and taxes over the local guy. Holy cow!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:23 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,542,642 times
Call a local new car dealer (generally the service dept) and see if you can rent one. I've always had good luck doing that - in fact just did it again last week for a 10 day van rental - daily rental fee with no mileage charges.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:23 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,318,240 times
Ask yourself if you need a rental. Many of the hotels in Orlando offer shuttle service to the major parks- if that is why you are going there. Also another thing that most visitors don't know (but residents do) is that Orlando has fairly decent public transit that you can use for only a few dollars a day! It goes to the parks, airport and hotels and runs from 5AM to 1AM but you have to go to look at the schedules and plan your trips- just like a resident would.
LYNX - Route Listing

Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 AM

9,941 posts, read 8,073,510 times
Airport rentals for the lose!

My parents came to NJ. 90 bucks a day for Newark Airport. 38 bucks a day for Linden NJ Enterprise. 5ish miles away.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:05 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,552,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Ask yourself if you need a rental. Many of the hotels in Orlando offer shuttle service to the major parks- if that is why you are going there. Also another thing that most visitors don't know (but residents do) is that Orlando has fairly decent public transit that you can use for only a few dollars a day! It goes to the parks, airport and hotels and runs from 5AM to 1AM but you have to go to look at the schedules and plan your trips- just like a resident would.
LYNX - Route Listing
thanks but my kids are only 3 1/2 so we kind of do our own thing and go here or there...........maybe 1/2 day at Disney...We are staying at Omni with a lazy river pool (been there before and loved it)....but we will definitely need a car lol to go wandering! We wanted to go to Savannah and drive there one day out of the week too so we will need a car....thank you though!! I will keep it in mind when they get a little older! The shuttles are great and have used them when I was a teenager going to Disney..

and the prices get WORSE. I even checked the local dealers and off airport...they want 300.00 for 5 days. ugh!! for a crap Economy... Is it the rising fuel costs that are making them raise their rates???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel