U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 09:04 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,783,458 times

Advertisements

Go Amtrak

Old 06-18-2010, 08:43 AM

11,945 posts, read 21,533,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Go Amtrak
Amtrak is great until you realize it has been subsidized to the tune of billions upon billions of dollars in the last ~30 years since it was brought under government control.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 AM

11,945 posts, read 21,533,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
How does code sharing increase competition?

I remember Greyhound from when I travelled in the US in 1974. Flying was a luxury for most in those days.

Code sharing allows more airlines to offer flights to the same destinations.

For example you can buy a ticket from Washington DC (IAD) to Philly (PHL) on United, BMI, or ANA web sites. Ironically the flight is actually operated by a 4th party, Mesa Airlines.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:06 AM

9,947 posts, read 11,934,279 times
They paid $ 1,000 dollars more for those Cookies and hot towels....

Old 06-21-2010, 07:40 PM

681 posts, read 2,598,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Amtrak is great until you realize it has been subsidized to the tune of billions upon billions of dollars in the last ~30 years since it was brought under government control.
This is either an incomplete or illogical comment. Amtrak was suggested as an alternative transportation system. What practical difference does "subsidization" make to a passenger? Their system either provides a benefit to a passenger or doesn't. Period.

I amazed at some of the illogical posts here. I don't like AA's customer service culture, but tip my hat to them for still trying to stay in business during these bad economic times. Based on 1960 dollars they [and all airlines] are giving vastly superior service in immensely superior aircraft for immeasurably less money per passenger mile. Some people need to retake "Logic 101".

Old 06-22-2010, 06:38 AM

274 posts, read 764,426 times
Njersey, stop your whining and eat BEFORE you fly and or bring something onboard to eat. Unfortunately it's a new day for the airline industry. I happen to love AA.

If you want food served............ take an international flight say Lufthansa, Malaysian Airlines, Korean Airlines etc. Great food and superb service.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,474,706 times
AA is THE worst airline with THE worst service in my, and my families experience. I won't go into the many stories about lost luggage, rude service agents and flight attendants, the fact that they do not have pre-boarding for families with small children... I will say that the last time my mother-in-law tried to fly with them, she got to the door of the aircraft (after having her ticket scanned at the beginning of the jet bridge) only to be told be a rude flight attendant that she was too late to board, just as flight attendant CLOSES THE PLANES DOOR! I mean, WTF! She couldn't have let the lady in?

Of course, when the complaint was brought to the AA customer service, they told my mother-in-law, in a very rude tone, that since she TECHNICALLY missed her flight, she would not be refunded and would have to buy a new ticket...

I really wish the US allowed non-national airlines fly domestically. ANY Asian airline makes AA, and any other American airliner, feel like some 3rd work relic... and I'm not even talking about the extortionate snacks, antiquated interiors, malfunctioning seats with tears, stains and armrest still with ash trays in them... but the disgustingly rude staff with a constant attitude of entitlement. The best thing AA could do for their company would be get someone to properly train their staff in customer service...

Their CEO obviously doesn't give a CRAP about their customers.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:31 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,593,922 times
AA staff is the epitome of rudeness! This at Dallas nonetheless...their hub! Will never fly it if I had another choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or