U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Beach Chair?
Teak Beach Lounger with Foot Rest 12 52.17%
Handcrafted Eco-Friendly Beach Chair 3 13.04%
Standard Beach Lounger with Foot Rest 3 13.04%
No Chair at All 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 AM

440 posts, read 2,241,744 times

Advertisements

From the following options, which beach chair would you be most likely to choose?

All chairs are the same price.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

CHOICE #1

http://www.charlestonbeachchair.com/new_bc.jpg (broken link)

TEAK BEACH CHAIR WITH FOOTREST
This is the typical beach chair you see used at many resorts except this is a new model made in teak. From what we understand, the teak chair leans on the "green" friendly side due to not having to sand/varnish/refinish. With the teak wood, there is no need for chemicals to maintain the quality.

------------------------------------------------

CHOICE #2

These chairs are Brazilian Cherry and manufactured from the Jatoba tree, an abundant resource native to Central and South America. IBAMA, a Brazilian government agency, controls Jatoba harvesting and transportation. They inspect and certify all aspects of procuring the wood to ensure that the natural resources of Brazil are sustainable.
To help offset the impact on the environment, this chair maker plants a tree for every 30 chairs sold.

Handcrafted with ergonomically designed arms, high back for head support and a cupholder for convenience.

-----------------------------------------

CHOICE #3

https://www.4thebeach.com/ProductImages/1%20%20%20%20lack%20chairs.jpg (broken link)

Same chair as choice #1 except that it is made from wood that will require varnishing in the future. It is not as "green" as choice #1 but is basically the same chair.

----------------------------------------------------------------

CHOICE #4

Choice #4 is for those of you who would NOT bring a chair to the beach. It's not important to you and sitting in the sand is part of the whole experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 AM

4,726 posts, read 12,427,144 times
Where's the Walgreen's folding chair? I took mine out to Lido on Sunday and got so wrapped up in the kids, left mine on the beach & didn't remember until I looked in the back of the car Monday morning & realized it wasn't there. Guess it's time for a new one...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:02 AM

6,853 posts, read 19,806,113 times
I would of picked #2 if it had a foot rest.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 AM

10,736 posts, read 31,789,636 times
I like number ONE, I like to be able to lay on my side and on my stomach to get an even tan although I do end up spending most of my time on my back.

I don't take a fold up one, I take my large one from my screened in porch but I have alot of room in the back of my truck and where I live, you can drive down on to the beach. I have had my eye out looking for a fold up variety.

Where did you find these chairs available?
Are they expensive?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I like number ONE, I like to be able to lay on my side and on my stomach to get an even tan although I do end up spending most of my time on my back.

I don't take a fold up one, I take my large one from my screened in porch but I have alot of room in the back of my truck and where I live, you can drive down on to the beach. I have had my eye out looking for a fold up variety.

Are they expensive?

Yes, #1 is nice but actually it does not lie completely flat. None of these chairs do --- they have 4 reclining positions but flat is not one of them.

They are available online .... not sure if any stores carry them ...
They range in price from around $150.00 - $225.00 .... the teak version, your choice, being the most expensive on the list

If you would like more info on where we found them, send a pm and we can share the online sources.

Thanks for participating in our poll!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I would of picked #2 if it had a foot rest.
We are indecisive about the leg rest ... not sure we need one with that chair because it appears to sit a little lower to the ground than the other foot rest versions. However, we were told that they are working on a prototype for this chair with a footrest ... will be anxious to see it ....

Thanks for sharing your input!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Where's the Walgreen's folding chair? I took mine out to Lido on Sunday and got so wrapped up in the kids, left mine on the beach & didn't remember until I looked in the back of the car Monday morning & realized it wasn't there. Guess it's time for a new one...
Woopsie ... sorry about your chairs ..... hope you find a perfect one!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Are they expensive?
This looks like it could be a beach chair for you:
Ostrich 3N1 Beach Chair Collection : Target

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 AM

10,736 posts, read 31,789,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bohemians View Post
This looks like it could be a beach chair for you:
Ostrich 3N1 Beach Chair Collection : Target
I really like that one. I do have to have a chair that lies flat. Its cool that you can read a book that way as well.
AND it comes in pink !!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 AM

32,377 posts, read 59,836,421 times
To lug to the beach? I'd buy a cheapo beach chair because dragging it to and from the car and anchoring it in the sand is going to take a toll on it.

Or it could be stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or