U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:57 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,498,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayla007 View Post
More than anything in the world I would like to go to Puerto Rico. I have wanted to visit since I was a little girl. It has never happened. I want to visit most of the island because I so love the history of PR.

Also would like to go to Australia, Grand Cayman Island, Italy, Costa Rica, Egypt, Morocco.

Of all Italy would be 2nd on the list. Maybe one day. Time and money are definitely required.
Hi!
I'm italian and I live in Milan
I recommend to see Italy because it's beautiful!

I love USA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Well, for starters, I finally visited Disney World for the first time at age 31!!! Although I never felt a loss at not going, I didn't realize how wonderful it was to actually go. We walked into Magic Kingdom and I looked up at Cinderella's Castle and started crying. We met Winnie the Pooh (and friends) and as I knocked my kids out of the way to leap on him, I cried. While my family all thought there was something wrong with me and tried not to look like they were with me, I cried my way through all of the parks and cried even harder at meeting all of the characters. It truly was the most wonderful experience I've ever had and I attribute it to the notion that not only was I getting to see it for the first time, I was also able to comprehend a lot more because of my age, however at the same time, I got to see it through the eyes of my children as well......wow, what an experience (I'm tearing up while I'm typing about it....yes, I'm pretty sappy).

However, back to the main topic....if I had to choose what I would consider to be a "dream" vacation, then hands down without second guessing, it would be a visit to every single state in this country. I have visited several already, but not nearly that many and not for long enough. While I knock a lot of issues we have, it does not change the fact that we do live in what is the most "free" country, we have the beauty of everything one could hope for, we have such history and our own American culture. To travel to each state would cause one to realize just what differences and similarities we have, yet we've been able to combine them as a whole. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else and I have no desire to travel anywhere else until I can experience what we have here.

WOW! Disneyworld is incredible!!!! I visited it in 2003 and Disneyland (Anaheim) in 2002 and 2005!
Disneyland Paris.... more times.... and in September....I'm returning there

Old 05-18-2007, 11:07 AM

My dream vacation ....

Uhm....my next trip in Texas in Summer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my first dream is to visit all Disney Parks. I have not already visited Disneyland Tokyo and Hong Kong

My second dream....I love USA and I would like to visit many States and...live there

Third dream... visited Canada (especially Niagara Falls) and...iI would like to go to Lapland ( Father Christmas's village)

PS: Italy is very nice and...particular.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,364,083 times
I'd love to cruise around the South Pacific islands and travel through New Zealand. And also drive across the US slowly and go to Alaska and Hawaii. With enough money to do as I please of course.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:29 AM

4 posts, read 10,605 times
Have been a lot of places too...Ireland stands out as one of my favorites - I must go back and take the kids Kilarneay, the County Cork, you can skip Dublin...the people are beautiful as the countryside.

Fiji is beautiful if done right. Tahiti is beautiful too...even Hawaii - if you avoid Oahu. I'd love to see New Zealand.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,379,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Hypothetical question:

If you could take a dream vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Those of you who have gone on a "trip of a lifetime" what were your impressions and did it live up to your expectations?

I've always thought for my 30th birthday I'd take a few of my close friends and go on a dream vacation. Right now I'm thinking Italy....
Just stumbled onto this thread so even though I'm late to the party: For years I had three trips in mind. Went to Australia first, Africa second, and most recently Alaska.

Was drawn to these places by books and conversations. Each most definitely lived up to my expectations of adventure. Loved the vastness, the landscapes, the wildlife and the night skies; also met some nice people and enjoyed some good food along the way.

Wherever you decided to go, hope you got to take your dream trip for your birthday !

Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 PM

600 posts, read 890,489 times
Technically I've been travelling since 1999 since I left the UK. Spent 12 years in Florida, now in Louisiana.

I've been lucky to have had some amazing travel adventures over the years. My favourite was two months of back packing through South America, visiting Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia.

My dream trip would be to take off around the world and travel at my own pace. The thing I love about backpacking is the lack of an itinerary. But there would be certain "must-see" destinations for me, including Brazil, Japan, Australia, Thailand, India, South Africa, China, Hong Kong, etc etc...

Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,354,730 times
Our "once in a lifetime" trip was a luxury cruise around French Polynesia. Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, Raiataea. A pre-cruise stay in a fantastic beach-side hotel on the island of Manihi.

We did this for out 20th anniversary. Turned out we loved it so much there, that we somehow have swung it to go back 3 more times since then. Sigh, haven't been there for 4 years now, not sure if we'll make it again...

But lots of other places I want to see, and some that I have seen--Istanbul, Rio, Greece, Portugal, Scotland, England, Norway. Next year going back to Portugal and Spain, and will do a one-day stop in Morocco at that time (I was there in 1970.) I'd love to do the Hurtigruten--the Norwegian Coastal Voyage up the coast of Norway, past all the fjords.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 PM

365 posts, read 406,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Hypothetical question:

If you could take a dream vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Those of you who have gone on a "trip of a lifetime" what were your impressions and did it live up to your expectations?

I've always thought for my 30th birthday I'd take a few of my close friends and go on a dream vacation. Right now I'm thinking Italy....
I honestly myself would want to go to japan or south Korea just because they live so differently from us in America. the Area's are so crowded and full of people. I just think since it's such a big difference that it'd be amazing to go there and find out about others and what they do. Just my thoughts
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,251,141 times
I have had some wonderful dream vacations. About a half-dozen times in my life, I have dreamed of being en route to totally exotic places. I have a sense of the continent, and the general direction of travel, but everything else is totally terra incogniata. places far off the beaten track and hard to get to. These "dream vacations" are much more fascinating than any real places I could ever possibly go. I retain memories of them in their misty detail, and cherish the adventures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel