U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 05:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,586 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be taking a croos country trip on our motorcycle next year going from Wilkes-Barre, Pa. to Carlsbad California.
Has anyone out there done this? Does anyone have suggestions on what routes to take, places to see, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 09:30 PM

3,471 posts, read 17,285,236 times
You don't say what time of year. If it's going to be late fall or winter, be sure to go south and then west. Except in the West Texas mountains, the weather should be clear. The mountains sometimes get cold...like in the teens at night, and or snow.
I also would look at a map of the US and decide what you want to see on the way. that could make up your route for you.
Enjoy...it sounds like fun. I've done it and loved it

Old 07-20-2008, 10:59 PM

4 posts, read 11,041 times
Thumbs up travel & leisure

We really love to travel a lot…but of course for now we were traveling locally….here in the Philippines (if you guys wanted to visit)I would be very please if you really wanted to come n visit our breath taking beaches and islands…I could join you for a tour…let me tell you bout the travel we had…
On our first year in our relationship on the day of our first anniversary we go to tagaytay Philippines and have an over looking for taal volcano (the smallest volcano) and for other tourist spots at this place. It was fun so much fun. Our first travel out of town together and have so much time spent with each other cuddling along the way from manila to tagaytay is about 2hrs of travel.
Next on our second year anniversary we go to baguio, Philippines. The so called “summer capital of the Philippines” it was a bit cold there rather than here in manila. We go shopping, looking around and bar hopping in the evening even picked strawberries and vegetables to be given to our relatives when we got home. Cuddling for about 5 hours on the road is quite long but worth it if you would see the view…so breath taking!
Our third year was planned 2 months ahead of time…we planned to have it on a beach go skinny dipping and snorkel around. We got to Puerto Galera, mindoro Philippines. After 2 hrs of travel by bus we were transferred to a “ro-ro” a boat transfer to the island that we would be staying for at least 4 days. I had sun burnt while swimming and I find it so nice!!because we live at manila we only see buildings and other establishments that we don’t see beaches. We enjoyed the place so much! We had so much fun snorkeling in the morning and dolphin watch in the later afternoon and drank and danced at night before we went to sleep. After getting their friends told me that I got tan and I felt good with the tan line on my chest, back and body. Nice work of art!
During our fourth year together we felt like traveling at least twice a yr. one during my birthday and the other one was on our anniversary. Since our anniversary would fall on a summer season here in the Philippines we decided to have our first vacation for our anniversary at palawan Philippines, a famous tourist spot and then on my birthday which is a colder season to be at bohol, tagbilaran Philippines.
At palawan it was so nice!crystal clear turquoise water and rich in coral reefs. Of course we wont on snorkeling!we go to other spots there at palawan. And the famous snake island which has a length that looks like a snake and it shortens the length when it is on a low tide. Wow!!! Another sun burn was felt! Almost 2 hrs by plane but worth the wait! While we were on bohol we were looking forward to see the chocolate hills! As we were near chocolate hills we were so excited! Finally when we were there….ahhhh….breath taking view!!!really nice view of chocolate hills there in front of us! Almost 2 hrs also by plane!but stil it was also good and great to see bohol!
Lastly last April 2008 we got to boracay!the latest one!our fifth yr anniversary! Of course I love beaches!!! I like it when I see a tan line over my shoulders or any where that could stablish a tan line on my skin…the white sand..wow! the cool breeze of the wind that was felt from morning till night what else could you ask for? Night life in the evening and dancing and drinking and having so much fun!!!!
Now, we were looking forward to having another vacation….this time we wanted it to be out of the country, I mean further than the Philippine island. Hmmm….if you happen to have an idea on where to stay on a good place outside Philippines please do let me know I’d love to travel so pls…

Old 07-21-2008, 05:29 AM

12,084 posts, read 34,173,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queen14 View Post
[font=Trebuchet MS]We really love to travel a lot…but of course for now we were traveling locally….
WTF is this post about? I think somebody had a few too many sitting out on the beach in the hot sun.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:22 AM

1,683 posts, read 7,583,261 times
Are you traveling in the summer or winter? We have traveled cross country and take I 40 across in the summer and I 10 in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel